Aussie Arctic Trucks D40 STX 550 35" Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

Iv stumbled across a drama with this D40,

I purchased a OBD2 port display to clear errors and data log shit, was only a cheapy off ebay to see if it works, well it doesn't work on my OBD port but does work on my brothers FJ cruiser. He has 9 wires going to his OBD and mine has 8, Im guessing mine is missing a power wire somewhere maybe?? or is it just not an OBD2 port??

Does yours not light up at all?hence the power wire question....some ebay cheepies are hit and miss.if it lights up could be just a protocal mismatch.might have to manually set it...what are you hoping to read the port with....laptop,phone or tablet...most software you can manually set.

Hi guys,

Has been awhile, took me a few days just to catch up with what's been going on with the 550's. my car just had its 80K service and needs new intercooler as it has split an end tank, and also the rear diff had a lot of metal in it, Nissan may or may not replace it because of the lift and 35" tyres,

But in the next few weeks I'm going to get a quote from PWR on a new a lot larger and thick intercooler also going to make my own new hard piping kit, also want to put a catch can on it now that I have seen someone on the forum do it,

Also going to take the car to a local tuning mate and see if he can turn off the EGR valve and exhaust pressure sensor in the computer as I will put a straight through 3" dump onto my existing 3" cat back system mad will blank off the stupid EGR valve as it is just choking the engine with carbon,

Here is a vid of my drag car that ran 8.39sec qtr and is now the WR holder for fastest gtr with a manual H pattern and WR holder for fastest gtr on radial tyres, enjoy
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNLs_gONSQ8&feature=c4-feed-u

Securing arches

Hi Mate, Great thread with excellent pics really inspiring.
Can I ask, how did you secure the new arches to the bodywork?
Did you use anything along the joint lines?
After fitting the arch, how much depth did you gain over the original arch depth?
Again,great thread and sorry for the basic Q's.

start again:-

flares come from Iceland out the back door on a Friday afternoon, cost me shit loads in bribes!!!

they are glued on with some industrial grade silicone

gave me a total of 12" increase on car width offset,

water methanol kit is on my dads car atm and ill see how it goes, so far so good.

Havent got PWR intercooler as of yet, but have put plazman hard piping kit on because when I tow my big trailer the factory pipe just blows in half.

10409740_10204095042763449_647591352452605403_n.jpg

New Mods to the Big Girl

Hi Guys and Gals,

Has been awhile since I have been on the forum, I am currently doing a shit load of work to my Nav to get it ready for some trips around the country side.

Work that has just been completed on the Navara:-

-New ARE Custom Plate Ended Intercooler kit,
-ARE oil air separator,
-ARB Intensity Spot lights,

Work that is still yet to be competed:-

-Custom AAA exhaust Stainless 3" Dump Pipe,
-My Own Custom 3" Titanium Dump pipe Back Exhaust System,
-Custom AAA exhaust 4" Mandrel Bent Snorkel
-AAA exhaust Air Box,
-ARB Front and Rear Air Lockers,
-ARB Compressor installed under passenger seat,
-MCC Rear Bar, (going to try and Fit 35" Spare under the ass end),
-All new Wheel bearings, Brake Rotors and Brake pads,
-1" Extension on the Front King Shocks Rod end to increase clearance between Shock and Driveshaft,
-1" Snake Racing rear Diff Block spacer and Wedge diff for pinion angle,
-15mm Snake Racing Tail Shaft extension,
-ARB Warn Zeon Platinum 10-S winch,
-Custom Roll Bar behind Cab
-ARB Hi lift Jack mounted against Headboard,
-4x ARB Intensity spot lights on Roll Bar,
-My own Custom Rock sliders,
-Dyno Tune hopefully make 170KW+ at the Wheels, on the 35" muddies

13254943_10209959012239021_1509441556451683408_o.jpg

13247715_10209959011439001_6330592052899849794_o.jpg

13248619_10209959011399000_8402137884418355374_o.jpg

13235400_10209959011358999_3822768095298089943_o.jpg

How do you get away with such a big increase in wheel track?
They do until some knob decides to put it over the pits, it happened to Gus a few years ago from memory. Why annoy a bloke for improving the stability of a rig?, it's not going to do any harm. This was what his old thing looked like then.
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=18335

Latest posts

Back