Aussie Arctic Trucks D40 STX 550 35" Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive. You should put the calmini 5 inch lift under it now

after going offroading on the weekend, when the car was flexing up my wheels are touching my flares and may cause damage in future. Seriously thinking about 5" lift and custom 5" longer KING shocks, so mine could be up for sale soon.. just gota see what its all gona cost me.

I have used superpro offset bushs (EBay),they will give you the camber you need, the crush tube is serrated so when the A arm bolts are tightened the tube is locked and the poly bush simply rotates around the crush tube. I cut/ drilled the factory bushs out then had the superpro bushs pressed in parrallel with the A arm to push the A arm out to increase camber.The ones I purchased also have offset crush tubes to further increase adjustability.
You can then fine tune with the factory camber/caster eccentric bolt.
To further add to the adjustability and gain extra suspension droop/ travel I have installed Caloffroad/spc upper control arms which also adjust camber /caster and clear the coil bucket on down travel.Hope this helps.

I put the super pro offset bushes in with offset crush tubes, to get me nearly perfect, very happy with them thankyou for the advice.

Have you chipped and upgraded the exhaust yet? if so - what difference is it making?

I havent chipped it as yet, but I made up a custom 3" cat back mild steel exhaust while I was board one day, has made a good increase in power. Just need to fix this EGR valve issue now.

after going offroading on the weekend, when the car was flexing up my wheels are touching my flares and may cause damage in future. Seriously thinking about 5" lift and custom 5" longer KING shocks, so mine could be up for sale soon.. just gota see what its all gona cost me.

Are you thinking of selling it??

Hi guys,

Iv been gone for a few months, been flat out on the drag car. Only main issue iv had with the car is the EGR valve bringing on my check engine light. But the car still drives fine doesnt go into limp or anything. Gona get nissan to reset at the next 60000 KM service and ill try drilling an 1/8 hole in it. Other than that thinking about lifting it up more. Cant go a body lift as my bullbar will come away from the flares and look like shit so Ill have to go suspension lift and upgrade front driveshafts and front diff.

I gave the car a good thrashing on the weekend against my brothers Brand new 2013 FJ cruiser with 34" muddies and he kept up really well on the hill climbs. My front diff held in there and I wasnt going easy on it either. Love the toque in low range 4wd, the bastard will just about climb anything.

might have to invest in a winch and some underbody protection before a tare something off haha ..

regards Matt

Oh good.
Yep they do go pretty well off road, that 1st gear, when in low range is very low, it's bloody useful and the engine braking you get from it is great when going down hill, no brakes needed.
You should try it with lockers front and rear, incredible.

If you do go down the CALMINI 5" Kit order it from the states and save about $1500 - $2000, while our Dollar is going so good the kits are so much cheaper direct from the states even with including the freight costs.

Oh good.
Yep they do go pretty well off road, that 1st gear, when in low range is very low, it's bloody useful and the engine braking you get from it is great when going down hill, no brakes needed.
You should try it with lockers front and rear, incredible.

Im keen to get some lockers, but worried about this front diff breaking.

Im keen to get some lockers, but worried about this front diff breaking.

The lockers will only make it better, as the parts/gears that a prone to go snap in the standard diff are replaced with the locker, even with the auto "LOKKA"

I am currently waiting for a set of 1" spacers from king shocks that go onto the bottem of the shock as an extension so to increase the distance between the lower coil hat and the drive shaft. So I have a few options up my sleave, I can put the 1" extensions in and buy new 75mm rear shackle hangers to give my a total of 3" lift or save up and do the calmini lift which is gona be an expensive exercise.

If it were my ute and i had done all that work, i would save and go the Cal kit, from the last person i spoke to they got there kit to there door for $2300 bit better then "Snake's" $3500

or even a sas I dont like how the calmini kit hangs down at the front, Such a big lift for no ground clearance under the front, unless you put an extra 2-3 inch lift on top of the 5 you get with calmini then you have all that gap in the gaurd and most peaple only run 33's anyway. It's either too little or to much I went with the replacement uca option which gave me 3 and half inches of lift wich gave me 380mm from the front crossmember to the ground with 285/75/16 tyres on. But everyones different lol

or even a sas I dont like how the calmini kit hangs down at the front, Such a big lift for no ground clearance under the front, unless you put an extra 2-3 inch lift on top of the 5 you get with calmini then you have all that gap in the gaurd and most peaple only run 33's anyway. It's either too little or to much I went with the replacement uca option which gave me 3 and half inches of lift wich gave me 380mm from the front crossmember to the ground with 285/75/16 tyres on. But everyones different lol

This isnt a "NORMAL" 2"lift D40 he is already running MASSIVE rubber and flares.
ground clearance under the front diff is good but NOT if you end up with the drive shafts at a huge angle.
So the cal kit with the BIG rubber and flares will look the goods i reckon.

Yeah forgot he was running 35's I've had the kit in my last D40 and it was like bulldozer up front hated it didn't bother with it this time but i'm only running 285's anyway. It's a tuff decision 35's on these puney diffs could be a hindrence i would save and sas the front and leave the rear on leaves with a replacement patrol diff could save alot on cost.

Yeah forgot he was running 35's I've had the kit in my last D40 and it was like bulldozer up front hated it didn't bother with it this time but i'm only running 285's anyway. It's a tuff decision 35's on these puney diffs could be a hindrence i would save and sas the front and leave the rear on leaves with a replacement patrol diff could save alot on cost.

Yeah thats exactly the way "SELDOM SEEN" did BENO'S D40 and you end up with a disc brake rear end.
However last time i spoke with Beno he was going to change the rear to coils

titan swap with those flares would be spot on only thing is it would be to wide with those arctic wheels becauce i think titans are 5-6 inches wider than the D40 or a frontier.

Latest posts

Back