bad fuel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tague_100

Reaction score
running low on diesel today, i had done about 30k's on with the low fuel light on.

I filled up and drove off only to find that 500m down the road the car wasn't happy. At idle the car normally has the diesel shuffle, but this was different, i opened the bonmnet and the motor was rocking much more then usual.
Taking off at the lights the car was sluggish so I took it straight back to the fuel station.

The station owner tested their tanks and they seemed fine but when i tested my fuel in the car tank, as it settled there was a thicker substance settling on the bottom of a container.

One car trailer ride later and my 2008 model d22 is sitting at croydon nissan locked away till monday.

was it an old nugget stagnant looking station...always stay away from types unless u really have to mate but spose u had the light on. just a quick note on the D40 i get an xtra 250km once the light is lit unsure bout the d22 cause if its bout the same for the d22 then u coulda kept going to the next station maybe

Did you keep the receipt?? in case nissan does its usual excuse "duh its was bad fuel"

Last edited:
ok so i have now had my car back on the road for 1 week.

Repairs took 3 weeks so I wasn't impressed!!! AAMI u suck!!!
I had to do all the ringing around and I still have never heard from the assessor in charge of my claim.

all that aside.... Nissan took the tank off and dropped the diesel. they measured 8lts of water in it. considering I filled up with only 16 litres left I was shocked. They told me and this was confirmed buy the insurance company that there is no possible way that that much water could be in the tank without earlier going through the motor.
Therefore the only possible conclusion could be that the water entered my tank from the last fill up. liberty fitzroy.

The servo manager rang me to confirm this and said all costs they would cover!!!

True to his word this was done, although AAMI struggled to make it happen as they are lazy.

Note to all, some insurance companies dont cover this!!! AAMI said they do cover it but I have since been told RACV will not.

AAMI said they do cover it but I have since been told RACV will not.

I'm not real fond of RACV right now and would really like to castrate a few people from there but credit where it's due they will cover such things, a mates kid stuck the hose in his diesel tank one day, there wasn't that much got in but RACV had no problems paying up for the repairs.

Latest posts

Back