Bash Plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just say its factory fitment.. she wouldnt know the difference. i made the same mistake as you by putting the front gaurd on first..

thats a good idea withthe duct tape holding on the spacers... but it is rather easy still to get them in there only do the front and back set of bolts up loosely and its no worries

No worries,i looked at the spacers and thought over a sip of my beer that i'm not going to put that plate up and have to take it down again.Duct tape was a precaution.
I reckon the plates could be improved,what i don't like is the exposed bolt heads,i'm going to have a look around for some sort of steel tube and cut it into,umm about 5-7mm spacers and get them welded over the bolt heads.The inside diameter of the spacers must be big enough to allow a socket or ring spanner to get to the bolts.

hey guys I am telling ya - you can buy your bashplates a sh*tload cheaper from Tiosca Industries in Brisvegas. the onlky thing you have to do is paint them (at $12 per can of flat black). I paid $145 for the front plate so that is a bit cheaper than TJM and the ones that Navarian shows in his photo look like they are Toscas any way.

Cheers,

Barra

I had a look at the Tosca plates,i would need 3 plates at $495.00 plus post from Queensland to vic and paint,2 plates from TJM that cover the same amount of driveline from a local store cost $460.00. No post or paint.

they do plates for transfer case and fuel tank dont they? do they have a website, or contact number?

Made own bash plate its nothing special cost me nothing tho and protects sump

Attachments

• RIMG0543 (Medium).jpg
    RIMG0543 (Medium).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 452
yeah the transmission guard is a bit of fun to put on by yourself. front guard is no worries cos its small. mine have taken some hits and they are holding up great, should take them off every couple of months to give them a really good clean.

Yeah those nuts with handles are a pain...I tossed them and used nutserts instead - thinking ahead a bit in case I have to take this thing off a few times in the future.

Just returned from the Vic High Country with a dented sump. Luckily it wasn't cracked or split however the Navara doesn't have a sump gasket, just sealed up with "goo" apparently and now that it has been disturbed I have a pretty bad oil leak. Not a good feeling discovering an oil puddle under my truck with a 3 hour mostly low range drive to the nearest shop. Hopefully it will be just a reseal of the sump as second hand D40 Sumps are hens teeth and a new one is $615.00

Hey navarian,speak to brown davis there just around the corner in bayswater and they have front sump bash plate as well as transfer case bash plate and they seem bullet proof so far.:victory:

Has anyone fitted bash plates to the D22? Looking for pics of the mount points at the rear of the sump guard.
Running a standard Nissan Bar the frontal bash plate is level with the sump and I am interested to see how or if they mount to the gearbox crossmember or if they only mount to the forward mount points and let the rear of the plate float free.

I'll have a look at Jasons when I see him next and see if I can get something made if they aren't available.

I have got Brown Davis bash plates front and rear and they took a pounding last weekend!!

Front one has got a few battle scars and the rear one is now badly rubbing on the DPF. For those of you with an auto diesel D40, be warned that the rear Brown Davis bash plate just touches the DPF and mine rattled slightly on shut down since I installed it. Now it vibtrates - so getting it modified so that is secured to the chassis past the DPF.

That said, I am wrapped I had the bash plates. They saved my vehicle numerous times on the beach between Beachport and Carpenter's Rock. When you're in the ruts you just have to hit everything that lies in your path including rocks and drift wood. I decided that I am going to get an engineer to certify 265/75's (32s) as lifting the bottom of the bash plate by another 20mm would be very helpful, especially when the ruts are so deep that your bash plate is grounded and front wheels are turning in the air. I graded a fair bit of the beach!

PICT0094.jpg

PICT0095.jpg

PICT0081.jpg

PICT0080.jpg

Gus

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back