Bash Plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learn from my mistake, dont risk 4x4ing without a bash plate protecting your sump.
Not a good feeling when your half way through a days 4x4ing and pull over for a chat and notice oil leaking from a hole in your sump, especially when you're in deep scrub 1 hour from civilization.
The sump is so exposed its ridiculous that protection doesn't come standard, anyone who hasn't looked under their vehicle i suggest you have a squizz, and if considering a bit of 4x4ing in the future definitely look at getting under body protection.
I'll be getting some before my next trip.

One other thing, I was in ARB yesterday speaking to a bloke in there and he said ARB underbody protection to suit Nissan Navaras are about six months away, especially made to fit all the way up to ARB bull bars.

Unfortunately anything with ARB on it is bloody expensive, so i might just go with TJM.

got these brown and davies plates fitted at arb gold coast when i had the nudge bar.
they later put 1 of their deluxe bars on and filled the difference with an infill very strong and extremely happy with them.

the 1st 1 is of when the nudge bar was there and 2nd obviously with the bull bar. just so you's can see where the infill starts and stops.

cheers

Attachments

• nudge bar and bash plate.jpg
    nudge bar and bash plate.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 436
  • arb bar and bash plate.jpg
    arb bar and bash plate.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 432
Has anyone fitted bash plates to the D22? Looking for pics of the mount points at the rear of the sump guard.
Running a standard Nissan Bar the frontal bash plate is level with the sump and I am interested to see how or if they mount to the gearbox crossmember or if they only mount to the forward mount points and let the rear of the plate float free.

I'll upload pics of my d22 plates to my vehicle thread. I've have taken a few so i hope you can work out mounting.

http://www.navara.asia/members-rides/325-als-ride-2.html

Last edited:
I've got the brown davis and am really happy with it. It has taken a few big hits and survived to tell the tale. It was pretty easy to install, about 45 minutes at a fairly laidback pace. It was a bit pricey though.

Hopefully these turn out ok, Its pretty dark outside.

There is an infil panel that comes from the underside of the bar to where they start of the bash guard. they both meet up in existing holes. I haven't drilled a hole under there anywhere.

You can see by the condition of them that they have copped a fair hiding. to say I am happy with them is an understatement.

Hi Guys

I have TJM Bash Plates fitted to my navara.I changed the infill plate on the front of the bullbar with 3mm checker plate.All I need to get now is a bash plate for the rear diff.Does anyone know who makes one for a D22?

Shane

Matt 76, did you have to cut a hole to get to your sump plug? i had to with the brown and davies 1's that i got.

Matt 76, did you have to cut a hole to get to your sump plug? i had to with the brown and davies 1's that i got.

Nah mate, there is provision to get to the sump plug. I didn't have to cut any holes. Its had a few services now and they haven't needed to be taken off.

ankaz.
the brown davies plates from arb cover a fair bit more than the tjm plates thats why they more expensive i think they 1/2 mm thicker too.

both are 3mm steel, i think brown davis are just overpriced. but its good to have choice.

Do the TJM ones use existing bolt holes only or captive nuts as well? I rang Brown Davis yesterday and apparently they have recently changed the design to only use existing bolt holes now, the old design used some captive nuts.

Superior Engineering quoted $383.00 supply only for the Brown Davis Bash Plate.

The TJM ones are a bit of a bitch to fit (for D40 anyway), they use existing holes but the holes aren't threaded so they supply threaded backing plates tack welded to a piece of approx 3mm wire. You use that wire to poke the threaded backing plate inside the crossmember or whatever and then trim the end of the wire off with side cutters. Next time I take mine off (if I ever need to) I reckon I will put nutserts into whatever holes are needed so it might be easier.

Just got the Brown Davis plates. Sump & Transfer Case. $559.00 fitted by Brown Davis. Very happy with their service. Next trip is 5 Days in High Country in June.

Latest posts

Back