Beginner 4wd tracks Central Coast, NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Organize a trip guys and I will come if I can, v busy with muster and legal shit atm

Yeah im in newy and keen to do a bit of a meet up if work and other commitments allow, my nav is stock as too

Let's organise something for after the muster. That way Sparra can hopefully make it. I'm flat out for the next month anyway. I like deanos idea of out free mans way. It's pretty much half way between newy and the central coast

Oh good! We are going to Seal rocks again in Feb so I'll test those ones out :) The road to get to Seal rocks where it drops off the sealed road is virtually a 4WD trail haha It was shocking. Lucky I don't have a lowered car with low profiles anymore!
The road should be sealed by Feb. Give me a shout when you're coming this way and I can either show you or give directions to some cool places like Woota Woota lookout etc. There is plenty of easy 4wd'n (or hard) around the area. In the end it's all about getting out there!!

Cheers Brad

Another good spot that's good for getting to know what your fourby can do is the training ground at Freeman's waterhole (lake Mac) it's got a good mix of obstacles from easy beginner stuff to comp truck stuff I used to go out there all the time when I first started to fourby. When I got the d22 I took it out there a couple of times and had no dramas (it's a 2012 like yours) and that was on the crappy bridgestones u get as standard. I'd be happy to show u around there, I don't need much of an excuse to go for a wheel hahaha
Cheers Deano

Cheers man, sounds good. I'd be keen. Can't do it until after I get back from my trip though. :)

Organize a trip guys and I will come if I can, v busy with muster and legal shit atm

That'd be awesome Sparra :D

Yeah im in newy and keen to do a bit of a meet up if work and other commitments allow, my nav is stock as too

Fantastic :) Freemans seems to be a good halfwayish point for us all. We will have a stock 4by sesh for all the newbies :p :)

Let's organise something for after the muster. That way Sparra can hopefully make it. I'm flat out for the next month anyway. I like deanos idea of out free mans way. It's pretty much half way between newy and the central coast

Sounds good Ben! I'm pretty busy over the next few weeks but hopefully we can all make it :)

The road should be sealed by Feb. Give me a shout when you're coming this way and I can either show you or give directions to some cool places like Woota Woota lookout etc. There is plenty of easy 4wd'n (or hard) around the area. In the end it's all about getting out there!!

Cheers Brad

Bit late! We rocked up there early in the morning and could barely see with the fog then the road dropped off haha. Will give you a hoy closer to time. It's defiantly all about getting out there!

Adventure before dementia! 👍👍
There you go Amy. Organize it and they will come

Organise around december and I should be able to tag along, nice to see some other lake macquarie locals on here :)
Watagans, killingsworth, freemans waterhole, etc all have various tracks suitable for beginners.
In saying that I've seen a stock d40 do killy loop, so anything is possible haha.

Organise around december and I should be able to tag along, nice to see some other lake macquarie locals on here :)
Watagans, killingsworth, freemans waterhole, etc all have various tracks suitable for beginners.
In saying that I've seen a stock d40 do killy loop, so anything is possible haha.

Yeah I'm flat out until late November, early December. The only 4WDing I've done is at Morriset and that was pretty light.

I do the Killy loop regularly and I'm still running standard suspension, just have a decent set of tyres. Tyre pressures are the key as well as picking your line
Cheers Deano

If its the first week or first 2 weekends of Dec Ill be keen to tag along as well, wouldn't mind finding some new spots in and around that area.

Yeah I'm flat out until late November, early December. The only 4WDing I've done is at Morriset and that was pretty light.
Your rig is more capable than you think. The best thing is hook up with some guy's and girls and push it. If you bogg it or you are unsure of which line to take yell out for advice. The 22 can go places beyond what most cannot it's up to your confidence, you learn with time. There is nothing embarrassing about trying to be a better off road driver and make mistakes.
The main thing is always have backup if you stuff up.
HJ

Your rig is more capable than you think. The best thing is hook up with some guy's and girls and push it. If you bogg it or you are unsure of which line to take yell out for advice. The 22 can go places beyond what most cannot it's up to your confidence, you learn with time. There is nothing embarrassing about trying to be a better off road driver and make mistakes.
The main thing is always have backup if you stuff up.
HJ

Ill second that HJ, when i first got my nav I was very surprised at how capable it was for a standard ute, every time I go out now I'm looking for the harder lines to take and as you pointed out, if you get stuck there is always so done there to help you out

Ill second that HJ, when i first got my nav I was very surprised at how capable it was for a standard ute, every time I go out now I'm looking for the harder lines to take and as you pointed out, if you get stuck there is always so done there to help you out
Thanks Dean.

Thanks guys...Unfortunately it might be a little longer than expected. I'm stuck 400 kms from home..the nav is having a few problems that need ironing out. It's her first trip away. My luck.

What's going on with it..?
Drop in power. Almost like a flat spot. Its stressing me out and can't do freeways because it has no pull. Cleaned air filter and checked oil to make sure it was all good and no water, no error messages or dash warning lights. I'm taking a guess and saying fuel related?

Back