Beginner 4wd tracks Central Coast, NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe... could be air flow meter inside the air cleaner pipe between the filter and the turbo. I'd grab some electrical contact cleaner and give that a spray to make sure it is definitely clean. Could also be a blocked fuel filter or sucking a bit of air into the fuel system. ..
How mechanically good are you?

Maybe... could be air flow meter inside the air cleaner pipe between the filter and the turbo. I'd grab some electrical contact cleaner and give that a spray to make sure it is definitely clean. Could also be a blocked fuel filter or sucking a bit of air into the fuel system. ..
How mechanically good are you?
I was gonna grab a whole heaps of stuff tomorrow and do it for the way back. What else would you suggest? It seemed to happen after I filled up and once the fuel ran through a bit. I read something about a fuel pump reset or something like that it was on an American forum though. I disconnected the battery and reconnected and it seemed to stop for a while so I'm baffled. Mechanically I'm not bad. Only problem is it's my first diesel and I've only had it a month so I'm still learning about the engine.

Check all your vacuum lines to turbo
Any water in filter bowl?
WHERE ARE YOU.......maybee a member lives close ?

Ok. On the bottom of the fuel filter is a tap and a bit of pipe. Open the tap and see if any water comes out. .. could have been a dirty batch of fuel.

Check all your vacuum lines to turbo
Any water in filter bowl?
WHERE ARE YOU.......maybee a member lives close ?
you could check the wastegate line but it that was off or split it would make a hell of a noise when on boost...

D22 remember sparra

A split hose to the wastegate would make it overboost
A split ic hose is a possibility
Its soooooo hard to diagnose when you are not there
Keep us informed amy
Goodluck

Going by what she said last night I'd say a bad batch of fuel more than anything else

Yeah... especially on these cr motors... she aaid it only started after filling up.. so its pointing that way....

uploadfromtaptalk1412385133473.jpg

I got this and a new fuel filter.

So I've filled up with Caltex vortex diesel in hope that it might improve. Haven't put the additive in yet. It seems to be slightly better but still sluggish. I have a new fuel filter but haven't put it in yet.

My guess from the description is that it is fuel related. I had similar issues, replaced filter, cleaned SCV and did all the resets in creation but nothing really helped. Then i got really pissed off with it and thrashed the living shit out of it on a 500km drive. Been perfect ever since! Prob just a bit of crap in there somewhere. Defo give the MAFS a clean. Good luck it will be something small.

So I've filled up with Caltex vortex diesel in hope that it might improve. Haven't put the additive in yet. It seems to be slightly better but still sluggish. I have a new fuel filter but haven't put it in yet.

Hopefully it will run a bit better after the new filter, sounds like you have definately got a bad batch of diesel. Wouldn't mind betting the filter is clogged with crap

My guess from the description is that it is fuel related. I had similar issues, replaced filter, cleaned SCV and did all the resets in creation but nothing really helped. Then i got really pissed off with it and thrashed the living shit out of it on a 500km drive. Been perfect ever since! Prob just a bit of crap in there somewhere. Defo give the MAFS a clean. Good luck it will be something small.

It's so frustrating!!! It went alright for maybe 250kms on and off but its seems to be on the flat its fine but slight inclines and hills is a different story it starts going sluggish, drops revs and even going down in gears does nothing once those revs are lost thats it...had to wait for power to kick back in. Its hard to explain. Will do the maf, had to do that on my Subaru. Only problem I'm having is locating things on this engine because I'm still not used to it. Only had the car a month.

Hopefully it will run a bit better after the new filter, sounds like you have definately got a bad batch of diesel. Wouldn't mind betting the filter is clogged with crap

Hopefully it will. It seemed to run a tad better after the vortex diesel, I still haven't added the additive I bought in the picture I posted above because the vortex diesel has cleaners in it already, just wanted to see if it improved it alone. It also said on the bottom of the label to use with bio diesel and ulsd or whatever, I didn't know if vortex came under one of these? Wouldn't it be ulsd?

Back