BEHOLD!!! Pics of steering dampener

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did everyone get longer bolts from? Noone I have spoken to sells the m12 1.25 thread bolts. Did you change to 10.9 m12 coarse threads?

i had to replace the bolts to hold my bullbar on the weekend as i stripped the captive nuts in the chassis, got high tensile bolts from bunnings and it still on there so far lol

i would rather stick with what is there. in saying that i cant even see the grading witten on the genuine bolt.

the big questio is does anyone knwo the thread pitch of th m12 bolt they use for the idler arm? i am having trooubler finding m12x110-120 with a thread pitch of 1.25. everyone wants a killing for the bolts as they are so rare. when i had a look at the bolt thats on there it doesnt look liek a 1.25 thread pitch

rusty

hye rusty, have a chat to zordo and get him to send you some old d40 or d22 body bolts. thats what we used when we installed my steering damper. they're more than long enough to do the steering damper and the idler arm brace.

hye rusty, have a chat to zordo and get him to send you some old d40 or d22 body bolts. thats what we used when we installed my steering damper. they're more than long enough to do the steering damper and the idler arm brace.

thanks mate

i have to go see john on saturday anyway if he is home. he has my new rancho shocks ready to go. have you got any pics of them? they are m12, but doesnt matter on pitch. ill send him a pm now to see what he has

thanks

yeah mate, they're m12x1.25, and are about 120-130mm long, perfect for the job, and being a body bolt, they are high tensile.

I'm about to order a steering damper and also have the idler arm brace fitted so I will need bolts also.

If you find some longer bolts on the southside let me know where Rusty!!

I'm about to order a steering damper and also have the idler arm brace fitted so I will need bolts also.

If you find some longer bolts on the southside let me know where Rusty!!

i have emailed John/Zordo and awaiting his reply. i may get a few extras and you can just pickup form my place one arvo. just spoke to the wife and she must be in a good mood. bodylift is a goer woot. dont know what i done right but idc

Good job Rusty! Now you just need to get your intercooler reworked.

On the bolts. I can remember paying a bit for them and thinking it was a bit pricey.

i have emailed John/Zordo and awaiting his reply. i may get a few extras and you can just pickup form my place one arvo. just spoke to the wife and she must be in a good mood. bodylift is a goer woot. dont know what i done right but idc

Sounds good let me know!

Not sure why they continue to come with bolts that just make it. Another 10mm on the supplied bolts would have been good.

Good work, but I cant see your bushes lasting very long.
Also, I was always leed to belive steering dampeners were only usefull with bigger (33''+)
tyres??

It made a difference straight away. No more shocks on the steering wheel.

Good work, but I cant see your bushes lasting very long.
Also, I was always leed to belive steering dampeners were only usefull with bigger (33''+)
tyres??

It is one of those things where people advise to put them on if you have 33" or bigger that has transformed to a "Only for 33" or bigger".

I noticed a difference straight away and it was like driving a different car handleing wise. I advise to fit one even if you are running 31".

Latest posts

Back