BEHOLD!!! Pics of steering dampener

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just running the stock 265/70R16's (not for long hopefully) and it made a huge difference, massive reduction in shocks through the steering wheel

Excellent I'll try give them a call next week. Do you know the details off the top of your head by any chance? Size, length and thread pitch?

Thanks

Excellent I'll try give them a call next week. Do you know the details off the top of your head by any chance? Size, length and thread pitch?

Thanks

Yeh mate remember them quite clear

M12x110 Thread Pitch 1.25, Grade 10.9 in Zinc Plate coating. Tell them you had a guy order 3 under the name Russell. They should remember. You won't need nuts or washers as the kit that rancho supply have them already.

Rusty

With the nuts done up tight with the impact wrench, there is about 10mm of thread hanging out the end of nut maybe a little less. Perfect length for its use.

Rusty

So I ended up getting some high tensile 8.8 bolts free from work that are the right length and pitch.

Are these strong enough to do the job?

Thanks I'll go with them then just wanted a bit of peace of mind. I've heard of some Torana or Ford owners actually preferring the 8.8 grade cause they seem to constantly snap the higher grade bolts.

May as well add my two cents worth to the thread. Fitted the steering damper last night and then drove it to dinner. Bit of highway driving and suburb driving and can't say I notice having it on.

I was expecting a bit more of a noticeable difference from some peoples reviews in this thread but then again all my Dobinson suspension, MTZ tyres and wheel alignment is less then 4000km old so I didn't have any problems with the ute wandering over the road to begin with.

I'll reserve final judgement till after I've had it on soft sand and see if it helps make it easier to drive for the missus.

i have had a tough dog steering damper sitting in the shed since last year waiting to be fitted.

i took the bash plates off this arvo and had a quick look, it seems you dont need longer bolts if you have an idler arm brace.
you just bolt the mounting plate to the steering box side of the chassis!
so it looks like the longer bolts i got wont get used after all.

ok so here's the tough dog damper fitted.

i ended up bolting the mounting plate to the idler arm side using the longer bolts, as i have an extension hose on the oil filter drain hose which seems to have more room with it mounted to the idler side.

however if you look on the left hand side of the pics you can see where the steering box mounts are which is where u can mount the plate which allows you to use the oem bolts, its exactly the same which ever side you mount it. only as i said i have that hose which isn't left with much room anyway.

will see how it performs, i also fitted new tie rods and HD draglink, i took it for a quick run and the steering felt nice and tight.

Attachments

• P1010580.JPG
    P1010580.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010582.JPG
    P1010582.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010583.JPG
    P1010583.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 104

Latest posts

Back