Best chip for ZD30? What are yas running?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask yourself how much development has gone into these chips and testing.

Is a extra 10kw worth a 10 grand motor ?

I have wasted enough money on bullshit claims by the aftermarket industry.

Hey Ben just noticed your post. How you finding the chip express chip? Also those plugs are universal you can slide the locking mechanism out and put it back in the reverse direction

And as the title says. Zd30 chips. what are yas runnin? Share the love. Come on fellas!

hi mate i have just installed a tunit chip goes really good has 9 settings i have safari snorkel and redback 3inch exhust and i tell you what it goes pretty hard now best 1350 spent and thats fitted

hi mate i have just installed a tunit chip goes really good has 9 settings i have safari snorkel and redback 3inch exhust and i tell you what it goes pretty hard now best 1350 spent and thats fitted

Did you put an EGT gauge on???

Hey Ben just noticed your post. How you finding the chip express chip? Also those plugs are universal you can slide the locking mechanism out and put it back in the reverse direction

The chip seems good, although i've barely driven the ute since fitting it, so i cant say too much yet.

On the plug, if you mean swapping the locking lug, the plug only fits one way.
I tried to change the direction of the plastic piece where the wires come out, i cant remember why but it wasn't going to fit that way so i took it off.

^ yeah mine was the same. I thought the plug might be reversible, but I came to the conclusion that it wasn't. I managed to bend the conduit back enough to get the bastard in there and then zip tied it so it wasn't rubbing on the engine block or whatever.

I have a just had my d22 dyno tuned with a chip it / dp chip.
Haven't actually gotten under the dash myself to check the brand as it came with the vehicle. But it does have 9 settings.

From what I have researched there is little to no difference between the models.

117 rwhp.

Thinking of selling it to a mate, I am assuming they are not compatible with the 2.5 litres?

Hey rabbit chop just wondering how long and roughly how many km have you done since having ur chip express chip installed also what mods have you done to ur nav ?? Thinking about getting one but not sure if I should get a 3in exhaust and water to air intercooler befor I get the chip also what's fuel consumption like with the chip ?

Id say there is something wrong with the egt gauge if you cant notice any difference in egt but a big difference in power....

Either that or you havent tried any decent hill climbs or towed with it yet?

Do the chip express mob have good support around australia for if/when you have problems with it?

Hey rabbit chop just wondering how long and roughly how many km have you done since having ur chip express chip installed also what mods have you done to ur nav ?? Thinking about getting one but not sure if I should get a 3in exhaust and water to air intercooler befor I get the chip also what's fuel consumption like with the chip ?

Done probably 8k with the chip, just guessing. Running full 2.5" zorst, egt blank-off, butterfly/swirl mod, snorkel, pre-filter delete pipe.
Fuel consumption is on average the same as before the chip, maybe a bit better when ive been carefull, last tank was a bout 50km worse than average. depends how you drive it. Im still looking at I/c's was gonna get a w2a but kept putting it off, now Forefront reckons hes got a winch friendly a2a in the pipeline, but he's been a bit slow getting it out there so might just get the w2a afterall.

Id say there is something wrong with the egt gauge if you cant notice any difference in egt but a big difference in power....

Either that or you havent tried any decent hill climbs or towed with it yet?

Do the chip express mob have good support around australia for if/when you have problems with it?

Are you reffering to me? Yeah, my egt's read a bit low.

Its an auber instruments job.

Probe mounted mybe 150-200 down the dump pipe. It reads ambient temps spot on when the engine bay is cold, read near on 100c in boiling water when I tested it prior to install, yet my egt's are low. Max before chip maybe 270, max after chip maybe 290.

I have noticed that temps go up higher and more quickly during normal acceleration when driving, but are the same during cruising. Does that sound weird? Is it possible the chip is tuned to back itself off gradually when on WOT for a bit?

No I haven't really done any serious hill climbs towing.

Last edited:
Yeah during normal driving it should be about the same as the chip shouldnt be operating.

200mm from turbo outlet is a bit far for an accurate reading, but in all honesty anything post turbo not pre turbo is just a wild guestimate anway.

The chip isnt tuned to back itself off at WOT, but the stock computer will definately back it off if the water temperature starts to increase.

Chipexpress is rebadged DTE or Tuneit (cant remember which as I done alot of my research quite some time ago now) Both much of muchness anyway.
Same as DP Chip, Roo Systems, Diesel Smart and many many others.

Latest posts

Back