Biodiesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a mate that was making bio and using it in his 2005 pajero, not a crd, however after approximately 130 000 k's the Paj stopped and around $5k later it was going again, Whilst the official cause was inconclusive, "fuel contamination" was hinted as the cause. I looked at his setup i.e. how he was making the bio and I couldn't fault it, (filtered twice before it even got in the tank), and still he had problems. All the warning I need..

pics someone send me of what home made bio does to a VE pump.
some one mention that the cause is likely to be water in the bio, which is very hard to get out.

Frontseal.jpg

Inside.jpg

insidecloseup.jpg

undercover.jpg

How many people would think to try and extract emulsified water from the oil during the biodiesel manufacturing process?

The problem with lightly heating it (eg ambient+40C) to remove the moisture is that there's still moisture in the air which the oil may reabsorb (I don't know how hygroscopic vege oil is). That really leaves fractional distillation or a centrifuge, and I wonder how many backyard distillers even know what that is, let alone are equipped to do it.

Read the other day that some oil companies are removing there bio pumps as they are finding it difficult to source it to add to there product.

pretty sure that was E10 pumps they were replacing due to a shortage of ethanol in Queensland. It was Shell and they are replacing them with diesel as there has been a surge in demand for diesel.

Latest posts

Back