BP90 D22 Navara STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave & Pix- yeah the colour is nice, yeah i havent seen too many of this colour on here

ljacko78 & nathand22- cheers mate, yeah not sure on what tyre to get, muddies look great although i duno how long they would last being evryday used tyres, i dont mind the look of mickey thompsen atz-4rib, or the mtz's, wanting to go with 265/75r16s but also tossing up whether or not to get a set of sunnies for the new tyres and then keep the wrangler road terrains on the standard alloys, or just wait til the road terrains run out of tread and get the new tyres then.

well i can say that the mickey-t 4 ribs are good. i have had a few other a/t's before,(bridgestone, BFG's, GT radials) but these seem to be the best off road and still as good if not better then the others i have had on the black top, wet or dry. i am yet to see how they will go as far as how many km i get out of them compared to the others. which i got 120'000 km out of the BFG's, as you can imagine they were totally flogged at the end of that run.

oh ok thanks nathand22, yeah i like the look of the MT 4ribs. i havent owned a 4wd long enough to know how to pick a good set of tyres but ive heard good things about mickey thompsen tyres.

ok heres a little update on the recovery points that i have made up for my navara. there is one on either side, made them using some angle iron, and some recovery hooks.

3985e7cf.jpg

IMG_9212.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

IMG_9215.jpg

Thanks ljacko78 yeah hopefully they work just great.

Im a bit busy at home at the moment dave. If you wana have a go at makin them yourself i put upthe dimensions and specs on another thread called 'D22 winch and recovery points'. Heres the link- http://www.navara.asia/main-forum/9452-d22-bullbar-winch-recovery-points.html but if it dont work then just search it in the main forum section.

Cheers.

A mates a boilermaker so Ill hit him up.

He has already offered to SAS the Nav but I dont need that extreme.

Cheers.

A mates a boilermaker so Ill hit him up.

He has already offered to SAS the Nav but I dont need that extreme.

no worries dave, if you have any questions bout making them, then just ask me and i will see if i can be of any help. a SAS nav would be great although im in the same situation as you dont really need my nav to be that extreme as its also my daily.

Yeah mate that mine in maryborough, do you live here aswell? Yeah there are plenty of navaras in town here but you are the first i have seen on here.

Just a little update, almost finished installing my gauges, got boost and oil pressure gauges in a Pillar pod. Still havent been able to work out how to get the factory oil pressure switch out of the engine (any help on this would be greatly appreciated as if i can save myself the money that i will have to pay autobarn or the likes to do it i would be happy). Well heres a few pics of the gauges installed.

6c76392e.jpg

71f95280.jpg

098ce144.jpg

Also have a led strip put into the Canopy, would have had it done by now but my soldering iron shit itself. Also have nearly got all the bits needed to make up a catch can then once thats done i can put it in and do the egr mod. Which will hopefully be soon as i gotta do an oil change in less than 1000kms and ive heard good things about your oil lasting longer after doing the egr mod. Anyways will update as i go along.

Yeah mate im in tinana and work at haymans elec i think there may be a few on here in hervey bay and bundy!! We must organise a day run some time!!

Bryan

Oh yeah, yeah im in maryborough and work at cqms near edi there. Oh true? Yeah sounds like a plan.

Nice mate, is that Pod Pillar, gauge holer, plastic thing..lol the one off ebay you can get? Been considering one of these for EGT & Boost gauge if i get some. Did it all fit up ok? Looks good.

Back