BP90 D22 Navara STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i know cqms im there at least twice a week to see the sparkies in maintainence!! You in the office??

Btw your truck is looking sweet as!!

Nice mate, is that Pod Pillar, gauge holer, plastic thing..lol the one off ebay you can get? Been considering one of these for EGT & Boost gauge if i get some. Did it all fit up ok? Looks good.

Yeah Peteyen86 they pillar pod is the ones off ebay amf yeah they fit great well mine does. It comes with double sided tape to hold it onto your existing a pillar trim but i havent used them yet it just sits in there nice and snug and has no play in the fitment like it doesnt wobble around, handy tip for if you fit the gauges yourself to make running of the wires easier remove the speedo surround panel then unscrew the speedo cluster (not unplug it) and then run ur wires in behind the speedo down through the back of the dash that makes it a hell of alot easier to run ur wiring through to one of the rubber plugs in the firewall. But yeah the pod fits great, $100 for it is a little exxy i thought but its the only gauge pod that i liked for the nav and i dont like the idea of drilling holes and screws into my dash for things like gauge cups or universal gauge pods.

Oh true bryan? Do you mean Kevvy, Mike and Luke in maintenance? Nah mate im a 4th year boilermaker apprentice (almost signed off to tradesman though) cheers mate, yeah your nav looks pretty tidy aswell, i gota get a snorkel on mine was considering a genuine nav snorkel from nizzbits.

Yeah Peteyen86 they pillar pod is the ones off ebay amf yeah they fit great well mine does. It comes with double sided tape to hold it onto your existing a pillar trim but i havent used them yet it just sits in there nice and snug and has no play in the fitment like it doesnt wobble around, handy tip for if you fit the gauges yourself to make running of the wires easier remove the speedo surround panel then unscrew the speedo cluster (not unplug it) and then run ur wires in behind the speedo down through the back of the dash that makes it a hell of alot easier to run ur wiring through to one of the rubber plugs in the firewall. But yeah the pod fits great, $100 for it is a little exxy i thought but its the only gauge pod that i liked for the nav and i dont like the idea of drilling holes and screws into my dash for things like gauge cups or universal gauge pods.

Oh true bryan? Do you mean Kevvy, Mike and Luke in maintenance? Nah mate im a 4th year boilermaker apprentice (almost signed off to tradesman though) cheers mate, yeah your nav looks pretty tidy aswell, i gota get a snorkel on mine was considering a genuine nav snorkel from nizzbits.

Cheers mate, thanks for the advice, will keep it in mind if i go down that path.

With your snorkel also, i cant recommend Gary from Nizzbits enough. He really is a great guy and easy to deal with. Really fast shipping to. I got my snorkel kit and YD25 inlet duct from him.

Pete

No worries peteyen86, yeah i was tryin to decide between egt and oil pressure but i just went oil pressure as i havent done anythin to really change egt temps, however when i look into a turbo back exhaust and diesel chip i will possibly put an egt gauge in aswell. Yeah i have heard of a few people that were very happy with the service they recieved from gary at nizzbits, is he able to be contacted through this forum?

Also ive been trying to find out as much as i can about using the yd25 snorkel pipe to ditch the air cleaner or just get the snorkel and keep the air cleaner. Any thoughts?? I know alot of people have removed it and said that its restrictive but do precleaners have any advantages? Like will taking the precleaner out affect the life of your air filter, just asking as in a recent 4wd action mag they had an article on building decent tourers which is what the plan is for my nav and they recommend precleaners to stop your air filter getting clogged up with dust. Is this the case or can you simply remove it and still get the same life span out of your filter.

Yeah mate their the guys and also col j will be down there tomorrow actullay.

I have fitted the yd25 snorkle from nizzbits as wel and ditto about garry.
You can round some time and have a look if you want made alot of difference to performance!!!

Bryan

Not sure if Gary is on here. Just send him an email off their website and say your from the forum.

I removed the precleaner. Not because i was concerned with it being restrictive or anything like that, i just wanted that space to put my catch can. So removed the precleaner and used a YD25 inlet duct and snorkel kit.

All worked fine, just have to drill a new hole in the new inlet duct for the air temp sensor.

Couldnt tell you if it would be worth keeping it for touring. My thought was, the new navara's didnt have it so i can remove it. Im not sure if they catch fine dust, or just more bigger things like leaves ect, not sure.

If you dont need the extra room, just leave it in i spose. Can always remove it later on and get the new YD25 inlet duct later. Few blokes have done that on here i think.

Someone else might be more helpfull here then me.

Pete

I think garry gets on here from time to time. But yeah best off just to email him.

I got rid of the pre filter A. To make space for a bigger second batt and B. They go better without it!!!

Bryan

Gaz is on here.

I hit Dylan up the other day to up his PM's, so you wont have any trouble getting hold of him.

Cheers bryan that would be appreciated although in saying that not sure how confident i am in myself drilling and cutting holes in my nav haha.

It wasnt all that hard really. Just took my time and made sure ir was all in the right place. Also if you go a zd30 snorkle ans later decide you want a yd25 one you will have to buy a whole new kit as the pipe work is completly different!! Im pretty sure you can get filter socks for the heads of the genuine snorkles. I think unifilter do them for those realy dusty trips!!!!

Bryan

It wasnt all that hard really. Just took my time and made sure ir was all in the right place. Also if you go a zd30 snorkle ans later decide you want a yd25 one you will have to buy a whole new kit as the pipe work is completly different!! Im pretty sure you can get filter socks for the heads of the genuine snorkles. I think unifilter do them for those realy dusty trips!!!!

Bryan

Riteeo cheers for the tips. Hmmm ok so ive got to decide before buying a snorkel whether i want to keep the pre cleaner or not. So is the zd30 snorkel different to the yd25 one or is it just the pipework thats different?

Im pretty sure the outside is the same but the inner guard and engine bay pipe work is diferent. There is a pic on the forum here of the zd30 pipe work i saw the other day.

Bryan

Im pretty sure the outside is the same but the inner guard and engine bay pipe work is diferent. There is a pic on the forum here of the zd30 pipe work i saw the other day.

Bryan

Correct. Outside main snorkel body is same, duct inside guard is longer (YD25) than the Zd30 one. Air duct in engine bay is also different due to no precleaner.

The YD25 duct inside the guard goes further forward to the first hole behind the headlight. The 2 bolt holes there need to be drilled out for the yd25 duct also.
Pete

Hmm righto thanks for the info guys. Would have been real handy if they were both the same pipe work and you could have either and remove the precleaner at anytime to put in the yd25 pipe at a later date.

Also peteyen86 why is it that the zd30 snorkel uses the bigger hole for its snorkel and the yd25 snorkel uses the front smaller hole, BUT the zd30 precleaner use the small hole at the front for its intake pipe for if you dont have a factory fitted snorkel (same hole the yd25 snorkel uses).

mmm got no idea sorry. Never had the ZD30 snorkel installed, went straight for the YD25 kit.

Maybe do a search to see if there are any photos of a zd30 setup with precleaner and snorkel. Im not sure what goes on there.

Pete

i also thought a stainless snorkel would be cool although it would probly cost a fair bit and then theres the trouble of joining the stainless pipe up the the square shaped intake pipe on the zd30 air box, cause when i first heard about people removing the pre cleaner i thawt well it would work just aswell to remove it even without the snorkel and just have a piece of 3inch ally pipe to go from the airbox to the hole in the side of the engine bay, although then i noticed the square airbox inlet... so that ruined that idea lol

hey BP90 did you measure you truck before and after the lift, im looking to the distance from the bottom of your rim to the wheel arch.

bryan

Back