Brake lights stay on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hessl

Reaction score
Hi all
Just got home from work , turned off the car, locked up and came inside when the wife tells me the brake lights are still on in the ute. I went out jumped on and off the brakes, went for a lap around the block, turned the headlights on and off but the stop lamps still stay on. Its now too dark to play any more now so just pulled out the stop light fuse for now. Any ideas anyone ?

Only a few things done recently. 1. Changed the oil and filters last weekend, 2. Washed the car for the first time in a long time last weekend and 3. replaced the starting battery the weekend before last.

spray some wd or contact cleaner into the brake switch and push it in / out a few times, i say its stuck closed as mentioned above.

There's a plastic plug where the switch contacts the top of the pedal and it ends up falling apart leaving a hole. You can replace it with a small dome head bolt and nut.

Must be a Nissan thing. That's exactly what happened recently to my missus' Pulsar. I fixed it precisely as Rumpig described above.

Rumpig has nailed the problem exactly. Found bits of blue rubber on the floor and other bits stuck in the hole. Went to Nissan and got a new one for $10.00
Thanks to everyone that responded. Cheers.

I've got no idea why they went to the trouble of drilling that hole, just to put a plastic plug in that eventually fails when the could have just left it as the metal plate.

Same thing happened again today- on the Nav this time. At least I knew exactly how to fix it- found a bolt and nut in the shed at work.

Latest posts

Back