Brisbane random chat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would come but i am working all weekend and i still havent fixed the splash guard..

Picked up some TJM plates today though :devil:

just need to put em on

i dont have the facilities at the moment to easily put them on..

the Garage is packed with teaching supplies, i thought dad and i horded junk...

but mum, she has FILLED a 2 BAY Garage with all of hear teaching stuff. dad and i were hoping to keep the trailer inside, BUT NOOOOO... we had to take it out too fit more crap and there IS STILL MORE crap to come home

ie ramps..

Plus i have to start work at 7 sat morning :(

What a bummer. Maybe next time ray. How did you go with the bashplates?

They are going great, sitting in the shed ready for me to put on! :sarcastic:

Been a little slack, will probably try to grab a couple of hours in the next few days to put the 2 easy ones on and them mod the front plate top fit properly. Did you just use a grinder with cutting wheel to cut your wings off Russ?

They are going great, sitting in the shed ready for me to put on! :sarcastic:

Been a little slack, will probably try to grab a couple of hours in the next few days to put the 2 easy ones on and them mod the front plate top fit properly. Did you just use a grinder with cutting wheel to cut your wings off Russ?

Yeh mate just one of those thin cut of wheels on my 5" grinder. Just scribe a line to follow made it easier for me. Remember to give them a quick coat with some spray paint after you have cut them. I may be able to squeeze a few hours on Sunday after lunch if your looking for someone to give you a hand. Tue front plate is the crap one. Pretty much have to get the bend in the right spot and the right angle to get it to fit tight.

Rusty

Let me know how you go with your new plates today rusty... Mine are on and looking unused. Ripely is a bit far for me for few hours in the mud. I will be there in spirit!

Had a mad day with the patrol guys today and kept up with them every where they went. Well except for the 8" lifted stuff of course but gave everything a go and got through all of it without much trouble. I cant beilieve how well these navs just keep pushing through everything.

For those that want to know how the ironman plates went. They were a treat. Saved me about 2hours of cleaning under the car acnd have saved the crossmember from a bashing already.

Photo will come once they go up on patrol forum
Rusty

Good stuff rusty! Have you got a pic somewhere of the plates in a d22? And can you access the sump drain?

Ahm think I have pics on my build thread. If not ill get some up soon. BP access for sump but it wouldn't take long to put one in with a holesaw.

Rusty

have a couple of pics of the nav and also a few of th only patrol that really got damaged(went for a mud bath). there were alot of pictures put on the patrol forum thread but they were all patrols and none that were really worth showing. if you wanna see them go onto the patrol site which i should of put a link further back for.

pictures will be up soon

Pics of me
IMG_5391aLarge.jpg

618.jpg

285.jpg

all of the stuff i tried i walked up using mainly just clutch out and steer only giving it a light right foot when i came to a step or needed a lil more push. even got the wife driving on some of the flatter stuff. she feels more confident now and is gonna try the hills next time.

now for the funny bit. this is what happens when you just mis judge how close you need to be to a tree and find a slippery edge of mud and gravity takes over from there.

you will notice in this first pic the tree on the passenger side of car. he was hard against that like probably a gap of about 50mm from edge of car and the drivers side wheel slid on the edge of the mud and that was it.
IMG_5637aLarge.jpg

IMG_5633Large.jpg

IMG_9090Large.jpg

on about 2-3metres behind him in the water/mud hole is a TD42 manual gearbox under all that water. so for those heading out and let your friends know not to go inthere cause you wont be a happy camper.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back