Broken light in Bullbar. Unroadworthy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
I've wondered about this for a while.

If I have a broken light in my bullbar, does that make my vehicle unroadworthy?

The bullbar is not a standard fitment to the vehicle, so does that mean it doesn't make the vehicle unroadworthy??

you mean the indicator or park lights?

I believe they put both there according to ADR rules since the end loops obstruct the primary ones in the headlights.

No the fog lights in an ARB bar.

I'm wondering, as they aren't part of the vehicle as it came out of the factory, if they don't work, does that make the vehicle unroadworthy??

The Jeep I used to have had spotties up front and at a roadworthy check a couple of years ago one had a globe out, the guy checking said I had to repair it, I suggested they were not original equipment and it shouldn't matter. He said that because they were fitted to the vehicle they become part of it and therefore had to be working and that he was required to check them as part of the light check even to the point of making sure they were set up to work when high beam was on only.
I put a new H3 in to keep him happy but was too lazy to find out if I could argue about it, I mean I really preferred that it was working anyway and he's a good guy that I've been going to for years, his logic made sense too.

Any light on the vehicle has to be in worki g order. Even when you see a truck with 50 running lights down the side... If one is out he can be defected. Had this happen to me in my work truck. Does not matter if its after market.

As said above - if a light is fitted then it must be working. However the lights in the bullbar do not have to be there at all. They can be removed and the holes blanked and still be roadworthy.

Latest posts

Back