Buzzing sound

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simsy

Reaction score
So I was in a little bit of a panic after just doing the YD25.com chain my NAV developed a buzzing sound under load. Now of course I suspected the chain as anybody would having just had it put in, so I flew into Nissans today as they did the install to get them to check it out. So the outcome the Nav was in there for less than 15mins and came out quiet as a mouse well a diesel powered mouse anyway. The problem turned out to be the air box they fixed it with some foam back tape strategically placed apparently it is a common issue. The tape is only a temporary fix they said when it starts to buzz again(could last years) come back for a new air box. So the timing chain well they said that was a sweet chain and I shouldn't have any further problems with it, they also said they are looking into offering it to other customers as an option.

Same thing happened to mine. The side of the airbox has clips that allow you to remove it and get to the baffles inside. The clips on mine broke, I fixed it with some sikaflex.

So I was in a little bit of a panic after just doing the YD25.com chain my NAV developed a buzzing sound under load. Now of course I suspected the chain as anybody would having just had it put in, so I flew into Nissans today as they did the install to get them to check it out. So the outcome the Nav was in there for less than 15mins and came out quiet as a mouse well a diesel powered mouse anyway. The problem turned out to be the air box they fixed it with some foam back tape strategically placed apparently it is a common issue. The tape is only a temporary fix they said when it starts to buzz again(could last years) come back for a new air box. So the timing chain well they said that was a sweet chain and I shouldn't have any further problems with it, they also said they are looking into offering it to other customers as an option.

Where did they apply the tape? I have a King Cab (with factory snorkel) and do experience that buzzing sound from time to time but only happens between 1600~2000 RPM. Not overly worried about it but if I can stop it from happening that would be handy. It seems to be temperature related to. If its been sitting in the sun does not seem to happen but lately even here in FNQ. we have had a few cold nights and it's happening again.
Thanks!

im not sure to be honest I haven't had a look to see I was just happy it was gone, if I get a chance tomorrow I will have a look.

Where did they apply the tape? I have a King Cab (with factory snorkel) and do experience that buzzing sound from time to time but only happens between 1600~2000 RPM. Not overly worried about it but if I can stop it from happening that would be handy. It seems to be temperature related to. If its been sitting in the sun does not seem to happen but lately even here in FNQ. we have had a few cold nights and it's happening again.
Thanks!
Perhaps when it's cold the plastic shrinks when warm it expands????

Latest posts

Back