calcals build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys....

When u install a BL, what do u guys do with the rear Towbar? I'm assuming u don't leave it at the same height as this would look a bit ordinary....?

I've left mine as it is. Eventually I'll change it for some rear protection or a DX tow bar.

Looking good mate.

Have you given that Lokka a test out yet? All working nicely is it?

Also, with the wiring for the rear work lights, did you run it through the roll bar? If so where does it come back out? or is it cabled tied to the outside?

Cheers Pete

Thanks mate!!
I'm not a fan of the lokka. Don't get me wrong it's great for traction but wen I go out I give my car punishment and all it does it bust CVs!! I will deff be taking the lokka out and going with a air locker.

As for the wiring of the tray lights, I've ran the cable through the roll bar, then through the tray, then into the cab just drilling a hole behind the rear seat and used a grommit! I'll post some photos tonight for you if you want

Ordered a 6" high speed fan for the intercooler.
Will be sizing hoses up this weekend.
Purchasing a GU bonnet scoop aswel.

Thanks mate!!
I'm not a fan of the lokka. Don't get me wrong it's great for traction but wen I go out I give my car punishment and all it does it bust CVs!! I will deff be taking the lokka out and going with a air locker.

As for the wiring of the tray lights, I've ran the cable through the roll bar, then through the tray, then into the cab just drilling a hole behind the rear seat and used a grommit! I'll post some photos tonight for you if you want

Shit, your the first bloke on here who has suggested not going with the lokka. What sort of stuff were you doing when you blew the cv's? I was very close to ordering one.

All good with the lights. I ran the cable as you did through the roll bar. Still need to hook it up to power. Getting that roll bar off and back on was a prick wit the tub liner.

Pete

Shit, your the first bloke on here who has suggested not going with the lokka. What sort of stuff were you doing when you blew the cv's? I was very close to ordering one.

All good with the lights. I ran the cable as you did through the roll bar. Still need to hook it up to power. Getting that roll bar off and back on was a prick wit the tub liner.

Pete

Rutted rocky hill climbs lol that was the first CV. The second was in a bog hole....flat out in second wheels spinning all of a sudden got grip and popped. It's actually coming out this weekend, sold it to a bloke at work.

Yeah I got a lot of scratches all over my hands from that stupid tub liner

mmm shit hey, i can understand the bog hole, the rocky rutted hill should have been ok. Were you giving it a hard time up the hill as well?

Thats why i was looking into getting one, rocky hills. They don't even have to be rutted and the Nav's runs out of wheel travel..haha

mmm shit hey, i can understand the bog hole, the rocky rutted hill should have been ok. Were you giving it a hard time up the hill as well?

Thats why i was looking into getting one, rocky hills. They don't even have to be rutted and the Nav's runs out of wheel travel..haha

When you need to give it the right boot it just ****s everything up

When you need to give it the right boot it just ****s everything up

I thought the idea behind any sort of diff lock was so you DONT have to use the right foot as much, BUT if its smashing CV'S what is an Air locker going to make that is so different??

I thought the idea behind any sort of diff lock was so you DONT have to use the right foot as much, BUT if its smashing CV'S what is an Air locker going to make that is so different??

For the fact I can turn it off when I don't need it!! Y do I need a locker going through mud?? I don't always need a locker when climbing a hill!!

For the fact I can turn it off when I don't need it!! Y do I need a locker going through mud?? I don't always need a locker when climbing a hill!!

I agree with that, But were you braking CV'S in spots where you would of had the AIR LOCKER turned on or were they going when you really didnt need a locker??

Nah didn't need the locker, I made it up a million times without one

Ok now i see where your coming from, and in that case it is pretty s#it house.
I had one on order for the D40 but when they took six months longer to get them sent out then what i was told i politely asked for my money back. After reading this im even more glad i did now.

Ok now i see where your coming from, and in that case it is pretty s#it house.
I had one on order for the D40 but when they took six months longer to get them sent out then what i was told i politely asked for my money back. After reading this im even more glad i did now.

Save and get yourself an air operated locker!!!

Bit of an update......
Lokka has been taken out of the nav and standard diff center is back in.
Now back on the man hunt for V6 diffs.

Picked up my rock sliders and body lift aswel, pretty happy for $150.
Will post photos tonight.

Had to remove the LED light bar, RooSystems are picking it up tomorrow under warranty.

Ordered 2.5" piping for my TMIC. Will be using sweeping bends instead of silicone elbows for better air flow

Will post a few pics tonight

Bit of an update......
Lokka has been taken out of the nav and standard diff center is back in.
Now back on the man hunt for V6 diffs.

Picked up my rock sliders and body lift aswel, pretty happy for $150.
Will post photos tonight.

Had to remove the LED light bar, RooSystems are picking it up tomorrow under warranty.

Ordered 2.5" piping for my TMIC. Will be using sweeping bends instead of silicone elbows for better air flow

Will post a few pics tonight

Are you selling the LOKKA?

Back