calcals build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bahaha. Start with the lokka, then the body lift, then the 33's.

Get more flex out of the rear by removing the helper peace (big thick bastard at the bottom of the pack) and cutting off the "keepers" this'll allow the pack to really stretch out and flex down.

It'll ruin the car for on road use, but surely help off road.

But seriously, start with the lokka and see where that gets you. (hint: everywhere!)

Nar go 33's first so i can see how much inner guard needs cutting without a body lift...haha I want to fit 33's but dont want to do the body lift.

I think the lokka is the key. Lockers will do wonders over the flex issues.

Get more flex out of the rear by removing the helper peace (big thick bastard at the bottom of the pack) and cutting off the "keepers" this'll allow the pack to really stretch out and flex down.

It'll ruin the car for on road use, but surely help off road.

But seriously, start with the lokka and see where that gets you. (hint: everywhere!)

Yeah Lokka is what I'm gona do first!!! I'm so sick of the front end offroading!! Doesn't spin....1 spins.....doesn't spin......doesn't spin......doesn't spin

You'll go further with a lokka than you ever would with just going to 33's. Trust me, put the lokka at the top of the list, it's definitely the cheapest mod on that list AND will give you the greatest improvement in off road ability.

Nar go 33's first so i can see how much inner guard needs cutting without a body lift...haha I want to fit 33's but dont want to do the body lift.

I think the lokka is the key. Lockers will do wonders over the flex issues.

Currently working on a trade for 33s

I need to way up my options with SAS!! Sure it will be tuff in a nav but when I think about it I could sell my nav and go get a GQ or GU and turn that into a machine

Was almost going to go down this path a few months back. Good mate with a GU strongly pushed me away from the GQ idea. Said i would hate it as a daily driver.

GU would be the go, but i couldnt afford a 4.2 on my budget now with a house loan. Not to keen on the little 2.8 and the 4.5, well thats a lot of fuel to be used.

One day ill have a day to day car and then a 4wd just for offroad.

Was almost going to go down this path a few months back. Good mate with a GU strongly pushed me away from the GQ idea. Said i would hate it as a daily driver.

GU would be the go, but i couldnt afford a 4.2 on my budget now with a house loan. Not to keen on the little 2.8 and the 4.5, well thats a lot of fuel to be used.

One day ill have a day to day car and then a 4wd just for offroad.

See I'm lucky, I got a work van lol

joshman said:
Yeah, me too mate, as soon as I've got a place I can settle and a massive shed to work in.

This is everyones dream on here I believe! :)

Yeah, me too mate, as soon as I've got a place I can settle and a massive shed to work in.

I just built a good size shed. Got a few more tools i want to get, power should be hooked up in the next month. Got no money left for another 4wd now though..lol. Im hoping for a win in tattslotto, now just to buy the tickets.haha

Doesnt help having the mrs pushing the finger in the ribs about a ring. She can wait a bit longer, the Nav needs some work first.lol

I just built a good size shed. Got a few more tools i want to get, power should be hooked up in the next month. Got no money left for another 4wd now though..lol. Im hoping for a win in tattslotto, now just to buy the tickets.haha

Doesnt help having the mrs pushing the finger in the ribs about a ring. She can wait a bit longer, the Nav needs some work first.lol

Haha too funny

Advice from someone who's been there, jus get the damn ring! Ur life will be better... Mayb :p

Get more flex out of the rear by removing the helper peace (big thick bastard at the bottom of the pack) and cutting off the "keepers" this'll allow the pack to really stretch out

Seriously thinking about doing this now. I don't carry much weight in the back of my Nav. Have you done this Joshman? How does doing this bugger road use or are you just referring to the load carrying capability?

Cheers

chule said:
Seriously thinking about doing this now. I don't carry much weight in the back of my Nav. Have you done this Joshman? How does doing this bugger road use or are you just referring to the load carrying capability?

Cheers

Splitting the leaves and removing the helper leaf is seriously gonna make the back of your truck sag like a 90 year old granny.

Ta. So the helper is not just for load carrying? I assumed by cutting back the helper spring to where it makes contact with the main pack wouldn't cause the rear to sag(unloaded of course) but help flex as you suggested.

well it would, you need the helper leaf there in all it's glory to provide it's load carrying ability, if you cut it back, you're obviously removing it load carrying ability.

if you're after flex, i suggest you read Joshy's "my d22 getting SAS" thread.

I've decided I will be putting in a rear TJM pro locker!!! It's probably not worth it as the rear diff is pretty good but to get the maximum out of the nav I'll bite the bullet and do it!! Will be one of the last mods I do

Just do an auto locker mate yeah just the front! Its more useful than rear as those wheels have more chance of lifting

Latest posts

Back