canopy with lockable doors and roof rack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a prob got same more pic

Attachments

• 18032011.jpg
    18032011.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 459
  • 18032011(001).jpg
    18032011(001).jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 363
Hey mate, you've done a great job with the canopy, looks really profesional and well thought out,
How much did it end up costing if you don't mind me asking?

A bit of a dead thread here now but i was wondering did you make it so that the tail gate could not open unless rear door was open? if so how?

Funny what u find wen u can't sleep
I did make a lock for the tail gate

Here gose
The tub part
The tie down point in the tub next to the tail gate I put a chain on there and a dog clip on the other end held the chain onto the tub part with a cable tie it only there to stop the chain sliding off

The taile gate
top part of tail gate I put a hook thingy not sure what u call I but the dog clip can't come off it done lock made
Could only open taile gate went back door is open or wen the chain was not on I put one chain on both side
Hope u no what I'm saying

Looks awesome. Exactly what I want. Have you got pics of the top showing how the canvas sits with the rack?

Also, what's this thing weigh? Two person job to remove it or not?

I was thinking pretty much like this but I hadn't even thought about making it lockable, was going to leave the sides bare canvas. Then for removal/fitting I'd just tilt it off the back and stand it up.

But again, looks awesome.

This is an awesome looking canopy. Is there a reason you made it higher than the roof of the cab? I'm going to be making a hard roof canopy with canvas sides before my trip to Fraser at Easter. Any tips you you could share would be much appreciated.

That bit highter than the cab is so to make the doors a bit higher to stand under and to lift the roof rack a bit higher with aiming on
Also have at look throught case84 old d22 the canopy and rack saved the life on some people beening a bit higher the roof did not move as much
The front and rear hoops were 50mm tube and 4mm thick
A hint make it strong

Looks awesome. Exactly what I want. Have you got pics of the top showing how the canvas sits with the rack?

Also, what's this thing weigh? Two person job to remove it or not?

I was thinking pretty much like this but I hadn't even thought about making it lockable, was going to leave the sides bare canvas. Then for removal/fitting I'd just tilt it off the back and stand it up.

But again, looks awesome.

Thanks mate u could put it on by your self if u tack the doors of bit lighter then but to Peaple can't do it
What do u mean by canvas sits on the rack
Do u mean how the roof rack it onto of the canvas
Wen the rack and everything was on it was a better ride I the cab and did way the back done a bit

That bit highter than the cab is so to make the doors a bit higher to stand under and to lift the roof rack a bit higher with aiming on
Also have at look throught case84 old d22 the canopy and rack saved the life on some people beening a bit higher the roof did not move as much
The front and rear hoops were 50mm tube and 4mm thick
A hint make it strong

I had an idea today. If I make it around 100mm higher than the roof I could mount an LED light bar on the front of the canopy. I have 10 weekends to make one

Quick question on your awesome canopy case, how much did it cost you to get the canvas made to fit. I have a bunch of 3mm box and was thinking of having a go now after putting it off a little while ago.
Cheers

brandons1455

Funny what u find wen u can't sleep
I did make a lock for the tail gate

Here gose
The tub part
The tie down point in the tub next to the tail gate I put a chain on there and a dog clip on the other end held the chain onto the tub part with a cable tie it only there to stop the chain sliding off

The taile gate
top part of tail gate I put a hook thingy not sure what u call I but the dog clip can't come off it done lock made
Could only open taile gate went back door is open or wen the chain was not on I put one chain on both side
Hope u no what I'm saying

I like how you think mate i understand what your saying and will be doing something similar. Ive started mine yesterday its very similar to yours but the whole thing in galve steel will be posting photos here and on a new thread maybe. where did you get your gas struts from mate im after some at a decent price. Cheers keep up the good work

And how much was the canvas Case?? How did you go putting the roof rack on. is there just a hole in the canvas or something else. i know you dont have it anymore but any extra info would be great.

And how much was the canvas Case?? How did you go putting the roof rack on. is there just a hole in the canvas or something else. i know you dont have it anymore but any extra info would be great.

Hay sammy havent been on for a while
wen the canvas was made i had a roof rack bag rope bag shovel bag and pole bag made up as well the hole lot came to 1400 i think the canvas on the canopy may have been round 850 i cant remember
with putting the roof rack on i put a gussit in each courner of the frameto had the rack
so went like this gussit with hole drilled in it ,canvas on top poked hole in canvas ,poly block i made 30mm high drilled hole in it rack on top of poly block with hole bolt throw the hole lot no leacksor dust the bolt i use was a wood bolt with that square under the round head of bolt so it would not turn wen done up and the head of the bolt was flat with no sharp eagers so will not cut my roof bag

hope that makes seance haha :rock:

Latest posts

Back