changing body mounts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicho

Reaction score
Hi guys

Dos anyone have a bit of a how-to guide on changing body mounts.. im debating on if this is a easy-ish job i can do or if its above my pay grade

Cheers

You mean a body lift? Easy as. Just takes a bit of time. Loosen all bolts on mounts but dont take them off completely, jack it up, one by one remove bolts and replace blocks but dont fully do bolts up.

Repeat other side. Then do all bolts up at correct torque.

kinda.. i was just going to replace the original ones as they have worn out and she's squeaking all over the place...

but i wasnt sure if the mounts needed to be cut out, or if it was as simple as you suggested

from what your saying, it sounds like an easy job.. so i'll find some mounts (that dont cost a kidney) and swap them out

Cheers

Just find somebody that's put body lift on there's, and haven't thrown away their original mounts.

Maybe even contact a few of the local suspension places?

I haven't done a body lift but it's on the list to do .,
, my front body mount is rooted and letting the cab bounce around and I was thinking that I would need to find a new mount to put in at the same time as the lift blocks...
Would that be the right process??

about $300 from nizzbits to replace the 6 in the cab i did a post in body mounts fixed on the forum about 6mths ago mine were had it from day 1.

Well for that price you can get a Luxlifts bodylift kit and replace all the blocks including the tub AND lift it at the same time.

May as well kill two birds with one stone and save yourself some cash and time. But up to you mate!

Yep i hear ya Cobez i don't wan't or need a body lift the old girl gets me anyplace within it's limits with a simple 40mm efs lift but like you said you may as well do the lot for the price.
John

You dont get rid of the factory body mounts and replace with a body lift block, you add the blocks as well. So the dodgy mount will have to be replaced either way, talk to nizbits for a good price!

You dont get rid of the factory body mounts and replace with a body lift block, you add the blocks as well. So the dodgy mount will have to be replaced either way, talk to nizbits for a good price!

exactly!

remove the body mount rubbers and you'll end up with dramas, your 50mm spacers wont give you 50mm of bodylift either.

Haha yeah i know what's involved, i did the bodylift on my D40 ;)

I meant if he wants to lift it, save some time and cash and lift it at the same :) see if you can find someone stripping a Nav and try and get the blocks off of it. Saves a few bucks there too.

thanks for that guy's, sounds pretty easy..
i'll get in contact with Nizzbits and get it all sorted

Cheers

Any queries about installing a body lift or just standard mounts, do a search for an existing thread and throw up a post, one of us will sort you out.

Its seriously easy though mate. Just a bit time comsuming, but very straight forward.

Hi i was think of doing a 2" lift as i have alwas
Had trouble since new & nissan never fixed it proberly
So if i get the High Density PolyEthylene spacers do i still
Have to use the old ones ?
Thanks tom
Ps anybody got a price on new or after market bodymounts?

Just wondering if anybody can give me a rough price on the replacement body mounts,,,,
Cheers

Latest posts

Back