Cheap LED strips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an after market canopy, I'd have as much luck getting them to fix that as anything else on the car!

Has anyone tried cutting these down at all? I was thinking of cutting a few of them a little shorter and gluing them together to replace the parker lights in my bull bar. Any thoughts???

Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army store or any store like that, they usually have a lot of monitors and you can check them out before you buy them.

Has anyone tried cutting these down at all? I was thinking of cutting a few of them a little shorter and gluing them together to replace the parker lights in my bull bar. Any thoughts???

Yup No probs I cut one down for a numberplate light on boar trailer. worked a treat:rock:

Yup No probs I cut one down for a numberplate light on boar trailer. worked a treat:rock:

Cool, thanks. I sent a message to the seller on ebay and he messaged back

"i think you had better not to cut it. have a nice day!"

LOL

I was going to give it a go anyway for $1 even if it didn't work I wasn't fussed.

Yer that was my thoughts on the matter. I put LED lights on the traileer and when I saw how much number plate lights were I thought I would have a go. I mounted them in an aluminium channel and attached both with a Aluminium door hinge so I can rotate them up for a reversing light .

i just put an order in for six , i really only need 2 i reckon but wow so cheap

Holy Cr@p. Can't believe I missed this thread b4. Epic adventure now.
Luv it.
Already said, but, Good find and thanks for sharing.
Actually glad I came in this late. I woulda rushed n stuffed somethin up n been lookn at a charchol truck.

Not that it's really a waste of money given how cheap they are but bare in mind even one of these strips lights up the entire canopy space in anything from dimming light to pitch black. They will draw very limited current, which is just as well because the cables provided are about as think as human hair, so current draw isn't an issue either but don't think you need to order a dozen just to light up the back of your ute.

Wow... been thinginking about Audi'ing my headlights... just gotme looking for LED strips... I am gonna get some under hardlid lighting going now! $13.83 for 10 strips inc shiping... Thanks China!

I have bought 3 x 1 metre strips

Now, I am a novice when it comes to everything. How would I wire these up?

I know I would need the main wire from the battery to be fed through to the canopy. I will have a strip either side of the canopy and one on the back window (so when it is lifted up, the light shines downward).

So, would each of the 3 positives be wired off the main wire? then the 3 negatives to the chassis? Then a main switch placed below the lowest grafted section? Will a fuse be needed? If so, how many amps etc

4low - you have the wiring idea correct. The easiest way to do it is to follow these steps:

1) Join the red wires of the light strips together

2) Run a wire from that join to one side of the switch.

3) Run from the switch to a fuse and from the fuse to the battery. The fuse can be close to the battery (that is preferred).

4) Join the black wires of the light strips together and join that to the chassis.

The light strips should use hardly any power. You won't be protecting the light strips with the fuse, you'll be protecting the cabling and the car from a fire. The fuse I'd use would be 10A, mounted close to the battery. In truth, you could probably get away with a 2A fuse, but if something goes wrong with the wiring, it'll pull much more than 10A anyway.

Latest posts

Back