ChipIt chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some clean welding gazza. are you an exhaust fitter? If so where are you located?

Rusty

Nope Rusty

here are some 1/8" nipples I welded into the extractors on my landspeed bike..I use this data along with widebands in each header to map individual cyls...which can be done on the OEM ECU in this case.

KType.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so I've had the chip in for a while now and my economy hasn't gotten any better or worse. I might say a lil worse but I'm not sure how hard the wife drives it to work etc. I only drive it once on the wknd and don't drive it hard. I'm still scratching the 600km mark and wish to get the poor economy solved before the cape trip mid next year as it may add a few extra dollars and weight to the cargo we need to carry. So I was getting 750 to the tank before and all sudden I'm scratching the 600 mark. Only thing I have added would be canopy and chip that's it. I have recently cleaned the air filter(kn), maf sensor and checked fuel filters for water etc. I will be running injectors cleaner through the next batch of fuel hopefully it'll work itself out. What is next on the list to look at?

My main reason is I am thinking of detuning my chip. Tune 5 to tune 4 and dropping the boost to 18-19psi instead of 20psi. How are people tuning there chips without a laptop to connect it direct to the unit while installed to car. Am I able to remove the chip and plug it straight into my desktop computer?

Rusty

I have my Chip-It chip still set to tune 5 and immediately noticed a power increase and far better economy (3-4lt/100km - I mainly travel at 110 up here). I fitted it mainly for towing our Goldstream camper weighting about 1.6T fully loaded.

Having just returned from a trip to Lefroy Bay (1200km) the extra power wasn't that noticable and economy sat at about 18.5/100km on the way there (fully loaded) and 21/100km on the way back (bloody head winds).

I retuned the chip to Tune 6 but didn't notice any difference so put it back to Tune 5.

EGT gauge to be fitted on our return to Perth.

I installed one of their chips a few weeks ago as well as their egr blanking plate and their manual boost controller. i didn't get the EGT. I'm running it on a standard exhaust and i can say i am very impressed with it. Plenty more power and much better fuel economy when towing my caravan. so a big thumbs up from me

Hey Muzza, I also too have D22 2.5ltr Nav, what kind of economy are ya getting just with general driving? I am averaging 700km per 75ltrs atm. I do however do a lot of long distance driving. I have been doing a lot of reading into the Chip IT performance chip and am seriously considering it. Do you think it will work even better with an exhaust mod too?

Hey Muzza, I also too have D22 2.5ltr Nav, what kind of economy are ya getting just with general driving? I am averaging 700km per 75ltrs atm. I do however do a lot of long distance driving. I have been doing a lot of reading into the Chip IT performance chip and am seriously considering it. Do you think it will work even better with an exhaust mod too?

At Australian Performance Tuning we are able to reprogram the actual ECU rather than just the chip setup so we are able to play with many parameters to customise the tune to your requirements. Having said that, even with our offer to forum members, we are more expensive. If you would like more details drop me an email at [email protected] cheers Roger

Hey Chadsmith
With the chip set to tune 4 with 16psi boost i am getting around 720km on 66ltrs fuel of highway driving worked out to be around 9.2ltrs /100.
I've just returned today towing my caravan from around South Australia and for the trip i went up to tune 10 on the chip. My fuel economy towing my 18ft van weighing 1800kg was anywhere between 13.6-17ltrs /100 it all depended on the type of roads(lots of hills in Adelaide) and the wind hitting the van.
Mate it may be better with an exhaust upgrade but i won't be spending any more money on my Navara. I also did some 4wheeldriving on the beach at Robe and she had plenty of power for that too. Blanking the EGR off is a big must gets rid of the black smoke when you do fit the chip.

Impressive results, we could improve a lot on the under tow numbers but doubt there is much on the straight run stuff

At Australian Performance Tuning we are able to reprogram the actual ECU rather than just the chip setup so we are able to play with many parameters to customise the tune to your requirements. Having said that, even with our offer to forum members, we are more expensive. If you would like more details drop me an email at [email protected] cheers Roger

Where are use based ?

Hi Dave

I am based in Melbourne, but because the ECU needs to be tuned on a bench the ECU needs to be removed from the vehicle anyway. People from out of state can remove the ECU courier to me which I can arrange. Slight pain in butt as it means a few days off road. Locally I can remove late afternoon and return around 2030 that night or next day. Timing on this step dictated by UK time as programmer based there.

Can you do up a thread on this.

Be good to have all the info in thread witrhout hijacking.

CRD obviously, non CRD's ?

Sure I will try to start a thread, under which category would you suggest? Very new to forums just need to figure out how.

CRD certainly tune up the best. I have not actually looked into non CRD's so I will check with my techi and let you know asap

Cheers

Done - but just on non CRD unlikely 2005 onward at this stage but the list is growing

Latest posts

Back