Chipit scan tool

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee words on a webpage that may not be 100% truthful, that is almost criminal, fancy a company doing such a thing.

The Chipit tool gives a written description of the codes, maybe the others do too however it is not stated.

Perhaps there is a difference?

I don't think I can buy stuff from Alibaba.com anyway. Not real sure how that site works.

Last edited:
Nice point side step have a look at all the chip it related posts there is some chip it bashing.

Hi Robert,

I would be interested in hearing your comments on the above links to eBay and Alibaba.

Have you just applied a mark up? (there is not a problem with that, its called retailing)

If they are different to your units can you explain how (to a potential customer)

Brad

I mean I'd still probably buy a UniChip. But every advertiser is entitled to their say. Maybe just not in eachothers threads.

Hi bm0

Regarding the EGT Controllers, yes we do use the Aubur gauge.

However we add some extra features. We supply a faster acting Pyro, not the cheap item that is supplied by Auber. We provide a harness. We provide our factory settings preloaded for the Chip, we add a case and we provide double the warranty of the standard gauge.

All EGT Controllers that come from us have a unique serial number so we can track if they were purchased from us so that the full warranty etc can be provided.

Regarding UK Chips. It is BS in the most part (as is info that can be bandied around)

Some months ago we purchased a few Chips to satisfy demand until we got our own PRE COMMON RAIL chips up and running. (NOT COMMON RAIL) And this was for SOME cars only.

This bulk purchase with a RE BRANDING AGREEMENT is what ALL OTHER COMPANIES IN AUSTRALIA LIKE DP CHIP & EVERYONE ELSE DOES. We then on sold FOR LESS THAN EVERYONE ELSE. Others sell Pre Common Rail Chips for $1400 - $1500.00 as you know. Yes they are ALL RE BRANDED, or in the case of Unichip and Steinbayer sell without name change. We still are the ONLY Company in Australia to make our own chips. When we purchased some chips from aboard they were sold at under the existing market value. Plus, again, we extend the warranty whilst providing what we know to be better tunes and better after sales service WITH the ability to fit our EGT Controller to these chips through our efforts to make it all compatible.

BTW, it seems funny how I do not see anyone shooting DP, ROO, Rapid or Tuneit etc for re-branding (and selling at high mark ups) .... seems we are the flavour of the year for being bashed ... and this is from a select few on here. Axe to grind? Sounds like it.

Of course if those wish to buy a chip at higher prices please feel free.

As we know with the feed back we get, our customers are very happy with the products and service Chip It provide. 6, and often, 7 days a week tech support is not unusual for us. Not typical in this business

Hope this helps

Cheers

Robert

Hi Robert,

I would be interested in hearing your comments on the above links to eBay and Alibaba.

Have you just applied a mark up? (there is not a problem with that, its called retailing)

If they are different to your units can you explain how (to a potential customer)

Brad

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't see a problem with re-branding products, so many companies are doing it and at the end of the day if you re-brand a product, you support it, provide warranty etc.

My post was not an attempt at 'chip-it bashing' more out of curiosity. I apologise if it appeared that I was jumping on the 'chip-it bashing' band wagon, that was not my intentions at all.

My advice would be to market your product like any business would without making negative comments about others. As a potential customer I would prefer to buy a good quality unit from a company that does not resort to competitor bashing. JMO

Brad

Back to the original question. Whilst I haven't bought one of the Creader units from Chipit, I have one similar ( Creader VI by Launch) here at the workshop that was bought by my business partner once when I was away! :girl_wacko:

The unit is handy for reading codes, has live data tracking and some neat little graphing functions. I doubt it would be much use to fit to the vehicle and drive monitoring the data as the writing is only about 5mm high, more of a novelty really, and I haven't used it as a serious diagnostic tool as I have an alternate that offers greater service (as I would expect for the price).

Thanks Tanz,

Sounds to me like they sort of suit use as a diagnostic tool rather than a live reading tool. It keeps coming back to a scanguage i think, however one of these would not be bad to have in the glovebox on long trips maybe..

B

I too apologize if i sound like i'm chip bashing, I really have no problem with sourcing products from where ever and putting your name on it, thats retail business. Its the support and service that is the extra bit you pay for. And that part i reckon you seem to have it on tap, I've never heard of bad feedback from a customer of chipit, always the opposite.

But i do have a pet peev of misleading information, if its designed and made overseas no problem (nearly everything is these days) then fine, don't don't give people the impression its designed and made in-house. Your chips might be made here, thats great if not just market correctly. Why not put up photos on the website of manufacturing inhouse to give customers real confidence in what you promote.

Everyone knows roo/dpchip/tunit are all from germany and just marketed from different companies, nothing wrong with that at all. Anyway Robert if your cutomers are happy then you should be also. As for your apparent dislike for another members comments, he has a history yes and one of those is that he is totally open with all his testing, products and research. Its up to you what you disclose but to some potential buyers this is a very good thing.

After all the tuning box market is a big one and everyone has a place. Only a small number of people read forums/blogs, Word of mouth in the real world from real world results is more important. No axe to grind here.

@tanz mate i've had a Autel 509 for a few years which works great, wife has an astra so i'm using it weekly lol. Check it out on ebay, got mine from the UK, its workshop quality.

Last edited:
@tanz mate i've had a Autel 509 for a few years which works great, wife has an astra so i'm using it weekly lol. Check it out on ebay, got mine from the UK, its workshop quality.

Thanks Al,

I bought the latest Verus from Snap-On. It's s'posed to be the all singing and dancing of their range, as a backup the Auto Electrician that works across the car park has the latest Carman.

Sorry, going off topic again.

Cheers.

I have a comment on the EGT gauge controller thing provided by chipit in my power package. It is dam responsive as Robert has mention about a faster acting pyro. For me its exactly what I wanted and I wouldn't think about getting another gauge. I have seen other brand gauges and have laughed at there responsiveness to the senders whether it pyro or boost. My boost gauge is a racetech unit and responsive aswell.

anyway if you watch some of the clips made by chipit you will see them making them in house and not in Germany. Robert was really handy when purchasing a chip and gets my vote.

Chipit and Northside have both done alot of good on here.

They may not always see eye to eye, but everyone has different views and I am all for that.

Two thumbs up to ChipIt for consistently being on the level. I can vouch for the after sales support aka patient answers to my pesky questions. Wasn't so lucky with another brand that can't even support a third of their claims nearly as well.

Haven't gotten to fitting the EGT ECU/probe yet but a few local tuners have made the comment that the probe looks of much better quality compared to the shorter ones that come with the more expensive EGT gauges.

The Chip wars is it.

Anyway my post got deleted?
All I did was word my realization that Northside was "chipit bashing' because he wants to push his product.

I still haven't purchased a chip, but based on the reading here, I would go for ChipIt.

Maybe the senior members and you Dave know him better, but as a 'passer by' only one conclusion can be made. Robert shows much more professionalism the Northside.
Acting like a kid in the playground been foul to the others makes your product look bad.
Specially when it's taking forever to get started.

Latest posts

Back