Chipit scan tool

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi bm0

Regarding the EGT Controllers, yes we do use the Aubur gauge.

However we add some extra features. We supply a faster acting Pyro, not the cheap item that is supplied by Auber. We provide a harness. We provide our factory settings preloaded for the Chip, we add a case and we provide double the warranty of the standard gauge.

All EGT Controllers that come from us have a unique serial number so we can track if they were purchased from us so that the full warranty etc can be provided.

Regarding UK Chips. It is BS in the most part (as is info that can be bandied around)

Some months ago we purchased a few Chips to satisfy demand until we got our own PRE COMMON RAIL chips up and running. (NOT COMMON RAIL) And this was for SOME cars only.

This bulk purchase with a RE BRANDING AGREEMENT is what ALL OTHER COMPANIES IN AUSTRALIA LIKE DP CHIP & EVERYONE ELSE DOES. We then on sold FOR LESS THAN EVERYONE ELSE. Others sell Pre Common Rail Chips for $1400 - $1500.00 as you know. Yes they are ALL RE BRANDED, or in the case of Unichip and Steinbayer sell without name change. We still are the ONLY Company in Australia to make our own chips. When we purchased some chips from aboard they were sold at under the existing market value. Plus, again, we extend the warranty whilst providing what we know to be better tunes and better after sales service WITH the ability to fit our EGT Controller to these chips through our efforts to make it all compatible.

BTW, it seems funny how I do not see anyone shooting DP, ROO, Rapid or Tuneit etc for re-branding (and selling at high mark ups) .... seems we are the flavour of the year for being bashed ... and this is from a select few on here. Axe to grind? Sounds like it.

Of course if those wish to buy a chip at higher prices please feel free.

As we know with the feed back we get, our customers are very happy with the products and service Chip It provide. 6, and often, 7 days a week tech support is not unusual for us. Not typical in this business

Hope this helps

Cheers

Robert

A bit off topic , but a few months ago I purchased from the states 3 Auber gauges , EGT , boost , oil pressure (all the same gauges you just wire differently) awesome gauge and a good price to . The probe chipit use must be fast because the standard probe I got from Auber reacts very , very fast to the point where the numbers are like a blur when you accelerate. Also CHIP IT rang you guys yesterday about a chip got given the PH # to a local supplier in Foster NSW and they never bothered to call back , might want to look at that one.

A bit off topic , but a few months ago I purchased from the states 3 Auber gauges , EGT , boost , oil pressure (all the same gauges you just wire differently) awesome gauge and a good price to . The probe chipit use must be fast because the standard probe I got from Auber reacts very , very fast to the point where the numbers are like a blur when you accelerate. Also CHIP IT rang you guys yesterday about a chip got given the PH # to a local supplier in Foster NSW and they never bothered to call back , might want to look at that one.

Call me direct Ken

02 8188 23 60

I will look after you personally

Sheesh, I dont like having my posts deleted when its a fair and square observation.

Anybody could have picked up what I said. I just happen to work in the industry and buy products from the same supplier as Chipit. Thus it was very easy for me to point certain things out.

And just for the record. I dont bash products.
I bash how people advertise them if they label them as something they are not.
Use unrealistic data in their advertising (or even made up BS)
Cant backup any of their claims with technical data or test results (not just power and torque graphs).

So there is no point feeling like you are picked on Chipit. I hold alot of the other manufacturers and rebadgers in much worse asteem than I hold you.

If I didnt like your product, why would I point so many people in your direction?
The only thing I dont like is the huge lack of proper testing and actual test data to backup some of your claims and advertising.

As I have said literally dozzens of times. If I couldnt sell Unichip, Chipit would be the only other brand I would go near.

"Use unrealistic data in their advertising (or even made up BS)
Cant backup any of their claims with technical data or test results (not just power and torque graphs)."

Can I ask what kind of evidence you would provide to support these claims?
Mostly the "made up BS" remark??

Sheesh, I dont like having my posts deleted when its a fair and square observation.

Anybody could have picked up what I said. I just happen to work in the industry and buy products from the same supplier as Chipit. Thus it was very easy for me to point certain things out.

And just for the record. I dont bash products.
I bash how people advertise them if they label them as something they are not.
Use unrealistic data in their advertising (or even made up BS)
Cant backup any of their claims with technical data or test results (not just power and torque graphs).

So there is no point feeling like you are picked on Chipit. I hold alot of the other manufacturers and rebadgers in much worse asteem than I hold you.

If I didnt like your product, why would I point so many people in your direction?
The only thing I dont like is the huge lack of proper testing and actual test data to backup some of your claims and advertising.

As I have said literally dozzens of times. If I couldnt sell Unichip, Chipit would be the only other brand I would go near.

Just your biased opinion that we don't do testing. If we didn't do THOROUGH TESTING we would not be achieving the power gains. If you feel like flying over to see our dyno runs in action feel free to spend your money to come and see for yourself.

That's what people are pissed off with you about Northside. Just saying lack of testing when YOU HAVE ZERO PROOF.

Yes, you may get some to think WOW Chip It don't do testing ... but most people will see that you are just trying to discredit others.

I have NEVER said ANYTHING about your power runs, or CLAIMED results but you have CONSISTENTLY tried to shoot us down and one of the last waffles you had against us was "what else are they hiding".

People need to see what you really are. A small shop selling to local people just like the other 1000 mechanics like you selling someone elses product. Maybe you SHOULD buy the Aussie made Chip so that you can see for yourself what the products are like and that the power gains we achieve are real. Why sell Unichip and send Aussie dollars overseas when there is a locally made product that is RIGHT NOW ... plug and play ... AND has tunes ready to go?

If you feel like taking this to PM feel free. Having someone with so much time on their hands to be on the forums as much as you would be an asset for any company.

And for this, my apologies to genuine forum reader that try to get info/answers from us from good forums (like this one) since we just don't have time to get on as often as we would like. [too busy doing development ;) ]

Forums SHOULD be a place for sharing experience and advice. This is the power of the forums.

If ever people need to ask questions, feel free to call us. We are here 6 days a week minimum.

Cheers

Northside ... why dont you trial our petrol injection system for the diesel for example and see what all the hubbub is about?

On the Common Rail vehicle the Petrol Injection system comes with the Chipping module as well so people are picking up 2 performance mods with the one kit.

And further, apart from the power ... the kits look bloody sexy ;)

Im not going to fill the thread with more pointless arguments. So yeah PM i guess it is.

Say I do trial your petrol injection kit....

Would you feel comfortable with me testing it to the extent you know I will?

OK the wars continues? A little more diplomatic then before at least :cheers!:

Hey you two chip companies should hold a competition, to give away a chip or two to a lucky few one here :idea:
It's the least we deserve after having to witness your Jerry Springer styled discussions.
(hey I mean that as tongue-in-cheeck btw... not the Chip comp though.. that should definitely happen! :rock:)

OK the wars continues? A little more diplomatic then before at least :cheers!:

Hey you two chip companies should hold a competition, to give away a chip or two to a lucky few one here :idea:
It's the least we deserve after having to witness your Jerry Springer styled discussions.
(hey I mean that as tongue-in-cheeck btw... not the Chip comp though.. that should definitely happen! :rock:)

Go getter arent you!.

Like I say, if you dont ask, you dont get it.

Unfortunately we arent battling about chips at all. I hold chipit chips in the highest regard.

There is no competition between either company with chip sales. He sells his fantastic product that they have developed and I sell the chip I have paid to have a licence to sell.

We both sell them because we both believe they are the best out there.

I think chipit is the absolute best value for money chip you can buy in Australia.
I also think Unichip is the absolute best chip money can buy in Australia.

So its like hyundai and VW going toe to toe over which meet's users demands best...

Last edited:
we have them in sydney too if anyone wants them or wants to see one in action. They are pretty good for the money since you need to spend a whole lot more at say REPCO to get one that describes the code. (ie P0299 = Turbo underboost)

Will do a little less for cash

true... i dont thing many cars at all look to see what the operating oil pressure is like. A switch to say it is low is about all we see in vehicles today

Latest posts

Back