Chirping Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willym

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
Been lurking for a while and though it was about time to come on board.
Plenty of good info already obtained. Thanks.
Have just acquired my 06 Nav D40 and the springs are "chirping"
Any Remedies?

^ what he said on both accounts.

Maybe you could give us some more information, are they just squeaking, are they squealing, have you run over tweety, loaded, un loaded any other information might help us.

Hi Willym
When I discussed the creaking noises the suspensionon my 2004 D22 made with a suspension shop they advised it was common for leaf springs without packers (ie cheap leaf springs) to start making noises as they wear in. The noise comes from metal moving on metal. Apparently better quality springs incorporate a packer between the main springs that prevents this effect.

I have just upgraded by D40 springs and all 3 suspension shops I went to for quotes confirmed this fact and as expected offered the premium springs with packers for few $ more.

My springs had packers, I'm guessing it's urethane, but they don't last long if you drive in lots of mud and sand. The best remedy I have found is to grease the bushes every 6 months and spray the leaves with silicon spray every time I give it a wash.

Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure it's coming from the rear? I had a chirping sound and it turned out to be the bash plate pushed up and was slightly touching the sway bar. A prybar fixed it!

Back