Clamp vs riveted roof racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.... Say I have no intention of loading anything on the bars and just wanted an awning mount, And I went with a track system could I only have one side of the legs installed to mount said awning from? (To avoid the clamp vs track argument, obviously this would only work with a track system).

just mount the 2 cross bars on the track system and fit the 2 x L brackets for the awning on the crossbar ends.. i did this and it is a fairly strong unit.

My mates track mount racks kept sliding forward on a recent trip to robe. The front roof rack was almost half way of the track...

So.... Say I have no intention of loading anything on the bars and just wanted an awning mount, And I went with a track system could I only have one side of the legs installed to mount said awning from? (To avoid the clamp vs track argument, obviously this would only work with a track system).

No, you'll need the other side to hold the bars to mount the brackets for the awning :)

Hey storm, I notice your from Toowoomba.... I will be too, care to give me a heads up where i should get them fitted?

Hey storm, I notice your from Toowoomba.... I will be too, care to give me a heads up where i should get them fitted?

To be honest jezz I prefer to fit all of my gear myself that way u get the peace of mind in knowing that it's done right the first time. also its sort of cool knowing that u have learnt something and able to look back and say that u done it yourself. In saying that it's easy to say providing u have all the tools are u moving up here if so any of the shops are good but I normally buy my gear in Brisbane as it's cheaper

Looking to get a rhino pioneer tray for the top of my ute. Anyone got one of these? Seems like they are a great idea! Cheers.

Latest posts

Back