Clamp vs riveted roof racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha Got him again!! wow! cant let it go can ya lmfao

yep been doing that for years on trailers and other racks no probs, put on the shit clamp on stuff you say are so good and they just move all over the place, such crap.

Oh and good work on the Quote, Fail! hahaha looks like i wrote the entire thing! lol

Yeah yeah you have to have the final say right?? Lol, im just getting my point across. I dont give a **** what racks anyone uses. Haha im a failure i messed up a quote. You the man

Yeah yeah you have to have the final say right?? Lol, im just getting my point across. I dont give a **** what racks anyone uses. Haha im a failure i messed up a quote. You the man

wow you really are getting carried away by the whole roof rack thing hey, calm down its ok your a top bloke with very valuable information that is very much appreciated by the entire forum world, ITS OK just breath, in through the nose out through the mouth.
You are a valuable member everyone loves you its ok, calm down they are only roof racks!! :hahaha:

ive had the rhino, heavy duty, clamp on roof bars. "square type"
I had my custom roof rack mounted to the feet off the rhino system.

I can say that while they are stronger and have the ability to have any number of accessories attached to them. they are Bloody noisy!!!
I even went and bought some more rubber, the ones that you get for the top of the bars, and put it underneath to help drown out the noise. Hell i duct taped the plastic ends and filled the holes with backing rod to try eliminate the noise!!!!

Point of my ramble is, The weight rating on the clamps is slightly less then the riveted "track" type system.

i chose them because it was cheaper and suited my needs until i got a canopy and i moved my roof rack back. If i had no intention of doing what i did this time again id go to ARB and buy their rack which is fixed to the roof, No other systems are used and while they are expensive theres enough stores around to fix it!

this is the rack 'clamped to the roof'
IMAG0304.jpg

I don't have time to read the last three pages of this thread right now to find out which roof racks to buy can u guys please try not to get it deleted before I get a chance to read them. Thanks :)

Buy what you can afford Gordy, I think you know what ones i would buy if i were you but thats just my opinion and at the end of the day you are the one that needs to be happy with your purchase.

Wtf no fishing smiley?? But plenty of guns and even bashing a horse with a baseball bat?

Latest posts

Back