Cleaning tips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew_man

Reaction score
:wash_truck:

i was giving my d22 a good clean and thought i would see if anyone has some really good tips on cleaning your cars window,bodys,tyres,rims everything would be great to see what everyone does and a few secrets specialy for those stubbing tar and bug stain

i use kerro to get the tar off work awsome a mate told me about it, it took some time to get my head around putting it on my car but i have never looked back works wonders i never realised there was so much tar on my car.

:wash_truck:

I use CT-18 truck wash with a pressurized weed sprayer. Works so well that I have a feeling it's removing some microns of paint along with the dirt.

I just use a reasonable car wash product, microfibre cloth that I continually rinse to remove dirt particles and a decent elbow. Dry off with another microfibre cloth. Rims are done with a sponge, although I'm considering a mag wheel brush to make it a little easier.

Underside is done with a pressure sprayer, but I am thinking I might put it on ramps and get under with a brush and do it properly.

If you want to get your paint REALLY clean after washing, but before waxing/polishing, use a claybar on it. I still have to buy one, but look up the videos on you tube that show how claybars work and what crap they remove out of your paint. You think it looks clean after washing, no it ain't.

Hoo Roo

I use CT-18 truck wash with a pressurized weed sprayer. Works so well that I have a feeling it's removing some microns of paint along with the dirt.

It probably is. I used to use it aswell until I was told it is corrosive. I was wondering why the paint was going a bit milky on the runaround car I have and found it was the truckwash. I use meguiars on everything now.

I have a feeling in the other thread with an almost identical topic and theme 08KC was told the same thing about the same product. I think it's good to see people who don't run in the mainstream just because someone tells them it's a good idea.

I have a feeling in the other thread with an almost identical topic and theme 08KC was told the same thing about the same product. I think it's good to see people who don't run in the mainstream just because someone tells them it's a good idea.

Fair enough, just stating that I found CT18 to be a fairly crappy product and turned the paint to shit on one of my cars, if it works for him thats all good. I thought CT18 was mainstream? Can get it at any auto spares shop. :suicide2:

Just had a quick google and although there is tonnes of people describing CT18 as caustic and corrosive there are also claims it is ph neutral so who knows, maybe it was the old stuff I was using. Either way very happy with the meguiars products and happy to pay a bit extra for the quality.

The mainstream comment was a reference to not sticking with the same thing everyone else does nothing to do with how readily available the stuff it.

I use stuff that gets pumped in to a 2000 litre tank out of a 12 tonne truck, for all I know it could be CT18 but personally it wouldn't bother me greatly if it was, we used the stuff for many years washing trucks and none of them fell apart because if the wash, excessive kms and a lack of maintenance always got them before any paint issues.

Latest posts

Back