Command AP500 Cruise Control Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Hey all, not sure if any one knows much about the Command AP500 cruise control kit, but thought Id post and see if you can help. I have one installed on my 05 D22 and its been on since I bought it. Has always worked spot on and never given and dramas, until lately.

It turns on as normal (press on/off button and green light comes on), and you get to the speed you want then hit set and the light turns red to indicate that its set, however sometimes it doesnt hold the speed, it will just slow down as if its not on and you have just taken your foot off the accelerator. If I lightly press the accelerator it seems to 'give it a helping hand'and then it will take over and do its thing, until it gets to a rise in the road. If its only slight it will normally hold speed, but if its steep it just slows down until I press the accelerator again then again it takes over. This only happens sometimes. Some days it will work perfectly fine, others I just dont even bother. I have run through the diagnostics mode checks from the manual and all functions seem to work as normal - all buttons respond to pressing, brake pedal circuit works, clutch pedal circuit works. Onyl recent changes are that I have installed boost/egt gauges but didnt touch anything to do with the cruise control. Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong? Or what to check? Anyone had any similar issues?

Thanks all, Ant.

Mate I can't help but I have the exact same issue as you. My 09 had cruise installed when I brought it so not sure on model, but same symptoms. Some days it's perfect, other days I'll be cruising at 100 and suddenly it drops off with light still orange, then when trying to reset it, just won't play the game.

I've got an AP 60 that does the same thing every couple of years and to fix it I replace the solenoid in the actuator. You get them from the Command Group, ring them and ask to talk to the service guys.http://tcag.com.au/products.html?c=21882 Looks like you can't get the solenoid separately and you might have to replace the entire actuator.

Last edited:
I used to have the AP60. I'm assuming they're pretty similar in how they work. Have you played around with the sensitivity on the control unit at all? Might need to up it a bit

Latest posts

Back