Considering a Patrol :|

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tub is solid, never seen even a shake out of it.

Have you checked that both body mounts and tub mounts are done up to spec?

Bosshog had a body mount let go, caused the tub to impact against the cabin (actually the other way around, but it LOOKED like that).

There will always be a little movement between the two, but it shouldn't be noticeable. If that's your only concern, tighten up the body & tub mounts and the problem's gone!

I will check that. ( Only slightly cheaper option, hehe )
It isn't a 'loose shake' feeling, more like the loooong chassis getting a reverberation from the tub movement. Bloody canopy accentuates it too.
Luv, (there's that word again) the truck otherwise.
Maybe test my shock abs???? Best way to do this?
They have been to the Kimberly after all...

Just dont get a TD42 powered Patrol.

They are the most overated engine ever.

Closely followed by the 1HZ.

i disagree dave, i reckon the td42 is a great engine, simple and very reliable, with a few mods they go pretty well and still last forever. just trying to find one with low kms at a decent price is the issue, the zd30 seems to lack enough power for the weight of the patrol to me. but each to their own

Dave said:

Why the hate on td42 Dave?

To get them to actually go like a 4.2TD should, you need to spend like 3 grand.

Then they'll use around 14-16L per 100km's.

Id buy a 4.8 over the 4.2 anyday.

A 4.8 on the open highway stock will get around 16L per 100km's.

You have a shit load more power, more torque and a better engine.

if your gonna drive on the highway why not get a d40, better economy and more comfort. if i was to buy a patrol it would be for its offroad abilty, and thats where it shines, td42 will handle big tyres easily and has the drivetrain to suit, plus its allot easier to get it to flex and what not.

ONLOCK said:
if your gonna drive on the highway why not get a d40, better economy and more comfort. if i was to buy a patrol it would be for its offroad abilty, and thats where it shines, td42 will handle big tyres easily and has the drivetrain to suit, plus its allot easier to get it to flex and what not.

Because we want to make it to the destination :sarcastic:
Nah I would buy a zd30. Mrs daily. An our cruiser. Basic 4" lift 33"s or 35"s.
Not crazy lift. Just enough to have a real good time. With much more ease than the Nav. That's what she wants. But I'd still want my Nav. And I think it's a waste. Can't go hunting in a troll

Because we want to make it to the destination :sarcastic:
Nah I would buy a zd30. Mrs daily. An our cruiser. Basic 4" lift 33"s or 35"s.
Not crazy lift. Just enough to have a real good time. With much more ease than the Nav. That's what she wants. But I'd still want my Nav. And I think it's a waste. Can't go hunting in a troll

so why not just save the money and solid axle the front? and 4link the rear?

is the zd30 the diesel engine you would buy if you were getting a patrol?

yes, the new models only come out now with either the crd zd30 or petrol engines, the td42 is no longer. unless you want to buy second hand.

yes, the new models only come out now with either the crd zd30 or petrol engines, the td42 is no longer. unless you want to buy second hand.

are the crd zd30's much more reliable then the di?

yes, there allot better, havent heard of any problems with them as such, so if the power issue doesnt bother you than there a great car. you can always put a 3" exhaust and chip to liven it up a little anyway

I've actually considered a sas. It's only going to cost about 8k if I could find a dana44 diff.
Everything else is fairly easy. Not THAT much to it. I wonder how much it would change the driving dynamic of the car.
I would leave the leaf rear and just get reset springs with a soft spring rate. But then it would be useless for carrying loads.
I honestly wonder how much I can get out of this Ifs setup.

unfortunatly not much with the torsion bar setup, but if you get urself some upper control arms they will improve the flex allot. next would be to add a lokka to give allot more drive from the front end

yes, there allot better, havent heard of any problems with them as such, so if the power issue doesnt bother you than there a great car. you can always put a 3" exhaust and chip to liven it up a little anyway

oh ok great no, not really worried about the power im after reliability and fuel consumption

and something that will do cape york comfortably and not have to worry about cvs breaking lol.

Latest posts

Back