Cooloola to Tin Can Bay June 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is camping grounds in rainbow township as well if people wanted to camp there. It has a great pub and is only a few k's from the end of the freshwater track.

Hey guys, I'm keen and free for the 25-26th overnight. I finish work at 8:00am Saturday morning so will head up after that If on that date? I'll definitely be camping overnight somewhere if others are keen? Also I like option two track as Im coming from brissy as well.

Hey guys, would these tracks be ok for a newbie in a stock nav, pick up my new STX on wensday, never done any 4wding before, looks like this could be a fun weekend to try it out.

I'm imagining for a day trip for those who don't want to stay overnight you coud meet at Kin Kin, do the run and then for the return trip come straight back down the beach and use the ferry to cross to Noosa and straight back down the highway home. That will depend on the tides of course, you won't want to travel that far on the soft sand if it is high tide.

Weekends of 18th or 25th would suit me. On call the long weekend anyway so that one is out for me.

Murph

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

OK then, interested people so far and days nominated (if ur name's twice then you had multiple days down):

4-5th: fzrr,

18-19: raywise, matt76, -JOSH-, Scrubmurph, ljacko78,

25-26: raywise, -JOSH-, 180%JOE, Scrubmurph, ljacko78

alphabet - no preferred date?

Anyone else? Add your name pls. We should try to get a date this week so we can then look at booking camp site somewhere if there's limited spaces. Also my calander is getting full so the sooner we pic one the better. The rest of the trip - where to go etc is easy to sus out on the day. cheers all

Lj

I'll change my vote to the 25-26.

Finally landed a job after 5 months out of work. Starting next week and i'm not sure if i'll be spending the first 3 weeks in Melbourne training yet.

good work on the job Fzrr - hope you can still make it and no training issues.

Matt - nice

Looks like the 25th is the weekend then. Sweet!

Tides on the 25th are approximately:

low tide 9am, high tide 4pm, so you would want to be off the beach by about lunchtime (early start).

Tides on the 18th are approximately:
high tide 9.20am
low tide 3.20pm

Good stuff Matt. Perhaps do the beach run Sunday morning? Seems most people coming will stay the night so could work out OK

Hey guys...sorry for not responding, just got back from working out at emerald. I'm keen but I don't think I will stay the night unless I can find someone to care for the mutts. Which way has everyone decided to travel?

Yeah, I have the same problem. I either have to leave the family at home to look after our sweet G/Shep, or put her in the kennels overnight, (which I don't want to do).

I'm sure we can certainly do it as a one dayer, even if we have a second group head up along the same path on the Sunday. I will probably end up doing that anyway so I can bring the whole family. You would have to set your alarm clock though Ray, no 9 o'clock sleep ins for you haha.

Latest posts

Back