Cost for 2 year / 40k service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dec0guy

Reaction score
Spoke to the Nissan service centre today and feel like a rant.

About to get the 2 year / 40,000 km service and was quoted $842! Air, oil, fuel filters need replacing. Engine, gearbox, diff oils changed, valves adjusted, and a few other things but seems excessive!:devil:

Ring around a few other Nissan dealers as they do vary in price. The new Nissan Capped Price Servicing has been introduced in a few dealers and so some can be much cheaper.

For example Warrawong Nissan quoted me $222 for the 10K service but Macgraths Sutherland Nissan quoted $350.

I've seen Nissan prices a lot higher than that for the 40K so if you really want Nissan to service your car I'd suggest that is actually a ballpark figure. Although as above the capped price servicing might come into play and save you a little, I haven't been down to my Nissan dealer for ages so I don't know how far Capped pricing has spread but it would be nice if it continued spreading.

Try Metro Nissan, they charged me $762 for the 40k I think it was. Recently moved to capped price, used to be around $1100.

But realistically, for a 4wd, CR Diesel Engine serviced at a dealer Im happy to pay the $762. Warranty runs out soon and won't be going near a dealer then :)

that seems on par. I payed $960. Don't take it to the dealer. Try a reputable local mechanic. Should be a bit cheaper and won't void your warranty as long as he uses nissan genuine parts.

40000km service for me cost just for parts and oil as my house mate is a mechanic and he did it all and stampd the the book etc. Love having mates as a mechanic.

I only paid approx half that, ask around your mates and try and find a good local mechanic, once you find one you trust you will be set.

Latest posts

Back