Cracking sound under full lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hmmmm:can i say i third this :hmmmm:
maybe ill just say im with AL and joshman go and get it now!!

Did you check the power steer pumps mounting bracket??

Checked psteer brackets, took off stabilizer bar and struts and tortion bar. Checked body mounts, the crack sound is traveling through the diff, bullbar, everywhere. I will give them a couple of hours tomorrow then I will pick it up and take it too my father inlaws suspension shop on monday. I will keep U guys posted.

Hi folks. I have a D22 two weeks old and have the same problem, it cracks at full lock when you drive over undulating ground ( gutter or slight incline). I see what the go is when it goes in for its service.
It had its first service yesterday and it got the OK but it stills makes the Cracking sound.
Also have a rattle in the front drivers door. It happens when you hit the smallest bumps. Hope this is not going to be a grey area (Ghost Rattles and Cranks)
Cheers
Paul

pauly i had the same thing a few weeks back with my 2011 str on the steering bump stops you just need 2 put some grease on these and should clear the noise right up theres 2 on each side

no dramas if you search on here there is a thread somewhere with a picture of what needs to be greased if unsure of what im talking about

Mine does it to I'd rather listen to my neighbors nut slapping against the mrss
Than having to listen to that cracking noise again. You would think they would have corrected this problem by now

I had exactly the same thing on my 2008 CRD D22 and it became worse.

The torsion bars were stuffed but I had them wound up and this fixed it a bit. I then fitted tough dog torsion bar with correct height and it is completely gone now.

The tough dog rear springs unfortunately are not as good. The military wrap rubs the mounts when going tight around a roundabout. This is with greaseable shackles and pins as well. I need to get it to a shop one day as I am not equipped to have both springs out at the same time.

I think value for money the EFS setup is probably the one to go for. Although I cannot speak highly enough of the tuff dog bars.

It's definitely the steering stops, I had same problem and all I did was to grease them and like magic noise stopped

Hey guys just another idea i got told over the weekend with the cracking noise if ur front end has sagged the cracking will be worse and i think it would be not far off becaus when i first got my 03 nav last year the noise was spine shivering sounded like something was breaking even with grease on them still made the noise and now after winding up the torsion bars just above stock height with a small amount of grease the noise is gone!

Latest posts

Back