Crazy STR drivers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 05 and it's lucky to reach 150 downhill! and that's from new so i'd like to know how you blokes are managing it? and mine has a 3" mandrel bent straight through system?

I've got a 05 and it's lucky to reach 150 downhill! and that's from new so i'd like to know how you blokes are managing it? and mine has a 3" mandrel bent straight through system?

I have a 3" system as well and I think it makes them worse. My mate has the same car with stock exhaust and it pulls heaps harder than mine.

I have had mine up to about 155 with 30" ATs, wont do much more than about 130 with 32"s.

I am looking at fitting a 2.5" muffler to it to get a bit more back pressure and hopefully gain back some power.

I have a 3" system as well and I think it makes them worse. My mate has the same car with stock exhaust and it pulls heaps harder than mine.

I have had mine up to about 155 with 30" ATs, wont do much more than about 130 with 32"s.

I am looking at fitting a 2.5" muffler to it to get a bit more back pressure and hopefully gain back some power.

Hi equipt

I have to tend to disagree there a bit about the 3" m8 mine with standard system wouldn't pull the top sheet off ya bed! when i put the 3" on...made hell of difference, i have since gone back to 2 1/2" inch engine pipe and no difference, i have even put a new turbo on it which made it a bit more zippy from standing start but still not a patch on the 2.5cri

I honestly think my injectors need a good clean?

Last edited:
Hi equipt

I have to tend to disagree there a bit about the 3" m8 mine with standard system wouldn't pull the top sheet off ya bed! when i put the 3" on...made hell of difference, i have since gone back to 2 1/2" inch engine pipe and no difference, i have even put a new turbo on it which made it a bit more zippy from standing start but still not a patch on the 2.5cri

I honestly think my injectors need a good clean?

HMMM, that's interesting as I spoke 2 another exhaust guy today and he thought it would make a fair difference as there is stuff all back pressure when running a 3" on such a small motor/Turbo. I posted in the D22 Engine thread (DX Vs ST-R) about the way my Nav is significantly slower than my mates and his is stock as a rock but mine has quite a few mods (3" exhaust, snorkel, K&N Filter and EGR Mod)

yea i'm hearing you m8 i'm just speaking from my own experience, but i think out of curiosity next exhaust i might go 2 1/2" but for now i might re-fit my muffler and see what happens, as that should give it a bit of back pressure. But i did notice that when i fitted the 3" it made it a hell of a lot quicker to spool up.

Last edited:
i dont get it, when i'm in any gear like 1, 2, 3, 4 i have hit red line and it wont let me go over 5K

i havent hit red line at 5K in 5th yet, have to be going pretty fast.

anyone know why this is?

you need more HP

much more wind resistance when your in top gear doin 120+ than the speed your doin in the lower gears.

I'm pretty sure the governor kicks in at redline doesn't it? i can hit the governor 1,2,3,4, but can't in 5th, but iv'e ever tried it once as i don't like to rev that hard.

Yeah I have bounced it off the limiter in 2nd and 3rd a couple of times when I am out the bush. Never got close in 5th.

unbelivable i sugest removing a cataletic converter and get shot down yet here are some people condoning excesive speeding weather on a private road or not,(mind you i have never seen a private road that would be safe to do 160 on ) i cant belive even the super admin would condone a thread where such dangerous behavoir is talked about let alone participat

There is hardly a person on this forum who hasn't been shot down for saying something, even legal and law abiding things, even the super admin has been shot down for it so maybe try being like the rest of us and get over it.

Oh and you can take that as an insult, a shoot down or just a comment it's entirely up to you.

There is hardly a person on this forum who hasn't been shot down for saying something, even legal and law abiding things, even the super admin has been shot down for it so maybe try being like the rest of us and get over it.

Oh and you can take that as an insult, a shoot down or just a comment it's entirely up to you.

ok Krafty i can handle being shot down and insulted, I do admit that some times i can get a bit emotional about some things im expecially raw when it comes to saftey and anything dangerous i have my reasons. in future ill try to refrain from getting carried away.

No don't do that, it's what makes shit stirring fun. We all love to get on our high horses and be right, even when we are wrong, that's what makes it all fun.

iv had my d40 up to one 140km i no it has more but i was just over taking a truck on a straight .. we don't need to go fast when we can go anywhere .. plus last year before Christmas my sister boyfriend was killed in a car crash due to speeding while i know we all have our fun and take risked but sometimes people should slow down and relax we already have a lot of road rage on our roads and its only getting worse everyday .

the most importing thing is getting the jobs we have to do done safely and quickly to get home to our family its fair to say u don't no what u have till its gone..

iv had my d40 up to one 140km i no it has more but i was just over taking a truck on a straight .. we don't need to go fast when we can go anywhere .. plus last year before Christmas my sister boyfriend was killed in a car crash due to speeding while i know we all have our fun and take risked but sometimes people should slow down and relax we already have a lot of road rage on our roads and its only getting worse everyday .

the most importing thing is getting the jobs we have to do done safely and quickly to get home to our family its fair to say u don't no what u have till its gone..

this has got nothing to do with speeding! it's not like i drive at 140+ everyday cause i don't!

this is about what other members Navara's are capable of! and wanting to know why mine wont! Read properly before you go accusing us of killing ppl!!!!!

plus why dose it matter how fast u can go as long as u can go 120km that's good enough for a d22 isn't it wanted to go faster should of got a d40 lol skyline boy ?? geeez stop killing people just coz ur 2greedy for us navaras .

o yeah im immature talk about taking what i said out of context .. its spreading awareness bad things can happen when u choose to go over the speed limit .

ok well let's get over this little dilemma and get back to the subject at hand!

Now what my post was originally about was why can't i take my nav past 140 when everyone else seems to be able to? that's why we were talking about those speeds, not that we do them but just as to why mine won't? as i have been having problems with fuel consumption and holding power?

Latest posts

Back