Cruise control diagnostics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jko488

Reaction score
Is there a way to do a system check on the cruise control system?

Ever since i put the new clutch in is works every now and then. I have replaced the neutral switch and didn't work.

When it is engaged everything works normal, all the switches buttons.

when i do get it engaged it can stay on for the whole trip to work 40km. other times it just drops out and won't engage

Thanks in advance

Check the clutch pedal switch. Apparently it is quite a common problem causing it not to set.

Last night I checked the clutch brake and neutral switches they all work as they should.

One way I can get it to work is when driving shut the engine off with the clutch in restart and it'll engage. It'll stay engaged for around 150km or less. once it drops out it won't engage unless I shut the engine off.

Would cleaning the earth points make a difference?

Try leaning on gearshift when in gear and driving and see if it will engage then, can't remember left or right. If it then engages or disengages its the neutral switch in gearbox. Hold the clutch pedal up tight with your foot and if it works then its the clutch switch. The system isn't real smart, just limit switches. Earth problems would probably be seen elsewhere too.

Try leaning on gearshift when in gear and driving and see if it will engage then, can't remember left or right. If it then engages or disengages its the neutral switch in gearbox. Hold the clutch pedal up tight with your foot and if it works then its the clutch switch. The system isn't real smart, just limit switches. Earth problems would probably be seen elsewhere too.

I have tried all of that and nothing works. I've already replaced the neutral switch.

Only code that comes up is the crank position sensor. But it's not all the time.

Is the speedo sensor on the gear box? They'd need a speed reading for control.

I had cruise intermittently not work. Ended up being the clutch pedal not coming all the way up. Making it think your foot is on the clutch.

I have checked that also, checked voltages and continuity of the Clutch Brakes and Neutral switches while in operating position.

Been busy with work and selling lights to get back to working out the problem with it. hopefully get a chance after the goondiwindi 400 to investigate further, The boss has a can-am XDS Maverick in it.

Latest posts

Back