D22 3.0 Starting Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive replaced all the fuel hoses front to rear the only orignal bit is the filter to pump which is steel across bulkhead,im gettin a little bitove air just few tiny bubles (after filter,changed filter,no change) but the main brain ache is after 30 seconds of being stood the filter lift pumps soft or as soon as you start it its soft,checked to see i had to copper washers on pump banjos(there is!) so im baffled now

no air,tank emptied/cleaned still no good,diesel speciaslist say pump timming code still so pump knackered £1800 to strip off and repair! nasty pill to swallow eh lol!

crank sensor has snapped of mounting allowing it to swing in the wind,heres hoping thats the fault not pump,as per advice on here "nizzbits" have suplied me with schematics and part numbers in matter of hours a feat that so far nissan uk after 4 days of trying have not!

no mate but its week end and good ol blighty shuts down 16:30 friday till 09:30 monday lol poets day (piss off early tommorows saturday),BUT "nizzbits" from oz has emailed not only a schematic but has sent me the part number,which i will take great delight in wafting under the spotty little oiks nose tommorow morning lol

took "nizzbits" email down to nissan at first he said it was wrong pt no. then when he handed me the quote it was same lol,£145 ive gota go back tommorow and check on a delivery date,if anyones near a nissan stealer tommorow check avalibility for me it may be quicker to paypal dosh to one u guys and get it shipped to here lol or swim it lol

well they promise a 7 day turnaround on my sensor £174 with the vat added,but hey ho u gotta have one!

$160 (107 sterling) was his gues but he dont ship outside oz,he was much more helpfull tan murley nissan in warwick.
whilst i was there i was earwiggin as an old boy was asking for a brake pedal rubber cover for his d40,parts told him hed have to buy complete pedal as they dont sell just the rubbers!

£175 was nissans price for crank sensor,it hasnt cured problem so pumps gota come off.
has anyone got a diagram of the timing as all info he has is for uk version (one yellow link and two blue ones) but theres only a yellow link on my chain?

Hey Jace. How did you go ?

Have you downloaded the sevice manual on here ?

There is ZD30 info in it.

sensor didnt work,pump being stripped off this week.i should hopefully have it back friday,i will find out the service manual.
can i just say i had more help from "nizzbits" on here than i did from nissan parts who seemed to think it was beneath them to order a lowly sensor lol

Garry is a top bloke.

If only every Nissan dealer had someone like himself working for them.

mines full of w*nkers,they told one bloke hed have to buy complete pedal assembly not just the rubber cover!,one fella was looking round a pathy but then they started gettin the nitty gritty they hit him with bombshell that the show model was top spec and the price in window was a "from" price and the one he and his mrs liked so much was gonna be a lot,lot dearer he cleared of quick smart!

my mate said same he wanted a new d40 but they sniffed when he asked for a weekend test to see if kids car seats fitted etc said "he might use it lol"so he bought a l200

went and saw chap whos doing the work and hes hoping to have pump off and away today so id gues midweek next week before its back,then its mot time and tax it never ends lol

spoke to mecanick earlier and we were both thinking about changing timming chain whilst all the covers etc are of trucks done about 80-90though (km) been apart twice now as nissan put 4 new pistons in it now this,belt and braces aproach.
is there a make or mnfr to go for/avoid i see them on ebay and think made in china from beer cans lol

Latest posts

Back