D22 3.0 Starting Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all i can do is keep plodding on,gone past point of no return,if id have realised the costs etc i couldve bought another for about £4k lol and just kept the ol girl as donor car lol

well brakes stripped need wheel cylinders,no point changing one both same age so both as worn exept had to get them from two different places lol£96 for two + ive got an oil seal gone on halfshaft so ordered two new ones them for monday,so shes sat outside looking sad on axle stands ill probibly have the health and safety brigade hammering down door mon morning to tell me i cant have it on axl stands,well if they do its tough shite coz its already on em and till i fix it there she stays lol

i bought a new wheel bearing kit as there was play in old one,but theres exactly same play in new one (off truck on floor) i know taper rollers dont get fully tightend or tightend and slacked off,but play seems to much,also the shaft i had spare off my south african 3.0td (abs sensor chiseled off) wont fit into the diff (maybe when diff was changed for uk one he used uk shafts?)and has a double bearing compared to my trucks single one.
on plus side uk wiring has fitted into the rest loom and has same part numbers,on plus point speed sensor swapped over (drive cog looks lot bigger on 2.5 one but with 2.5diffs may read ok if not ill swap cogs) just cant try it untill i sort wheel bearing prob out lol,no elf&safety brigade ......yet!

im gonna get another axl of a breaker try the halfshafts outve that or swap whole thing if diff ratio the same,wirings gone in a treat now have back lights lol
slow progress but at least its progress lol

fella i got wiring of will do the axl of his (kingcab) for £150 if i count the teeth on crown wheel and they match will diff ratio be same or do i need to count the input shaft teeth aswell?

Count the teeth on the crown wheel, count the number of the teeth on the pinion and divide the crownwheel teeth by the number of pinion teeth.

Even easier to look on the firewall, diff code should say something like CA43.

Which will be 4.375 to 1 ratio.

i killed the orignal 3.0 diff,couldnt get one so had recon 2.5 ones fitted he said it was only one tooth smaller than orignal so who knows what diffs in there are there any numbers stamped into crown wheel to give me a clue?

Yeah mate.

The centre will have number stamped on it.

My understanding was, that the Non CRD and CRD YD25's in the D22's ran 4.375 ratio and the later YD25 CRD D22's ran either 3.9 or 4.636 gears.

The YD25's have had heaps of ratio's.

Latest posts

Back