D22 3.0 Starting Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jace, I remember buying a new cam chain for my Jaguar, it went like this: they needed a certain length of chain, which at the time came to $56 and some cents. The guy could sell me that length of chain as it was (it's just cut from a very large roll, like electrical cable).

If he had put that exact piece of chain into a green cardboard box with "Jaguar" written on it, the price would have been over $600. You can bet which choice I made.

I'm not sure I'd buy a timing chain off ebay but I'm sure there are places that you can get decent chain from without carrying the company's price tag.

yep seems dealers think of a number then double it then add tax,for something so important you need quality an ebays gonna be recycled chineese coke cans lol

i can get a kit off ebay for between £150-250 but im dubious of quality so id prefer to buy off descent reliable source,chap whos doing it is gonna try his suppliers but id like to have a back up plan just incase no one has one,as motors a patrol one it shouldnt be to difficult to source (famous last words lol) i just wonderred if there was a name out there to look out for?

ok pumps been inspected and the advance/retard pistons seized and ecm on tops gone down so total recon at £947 + £189 vat and 10 hours labour at £45 + £90 in vat so £1666 all in + cost of timming chain+£170 for crank sensor and another £113 for water pump so its gonna nudge over two grand lol

well more was wrong with pump extra £336 on top nice lol,next prob is that with everything lined up as was,the pin wont go into pump so hes gonna strip it all back and find some marks on gears deeper in or something like that and line everything back up from there,im wondering if by having new casing on pump the locking pin is in diff position?

Not sure Jace but your a patient man.

Most people would of cracked the shits by now.

Good luck mate.

ok trucks finaly back together and running its had complete new pump and pump ecu,bunged new timming chain in whilst in bits,new crank sensor,new water pump (again whilst its apart) new drive belt grand total £2640 sterling for the pump and asociated labour and another £447.59 sterling for the chain,sensor,water pump,belt i bought.ouch lol

well (deep breath) its still not 100% its losing boost through what seems to be a missing bolt at back of the compressor wheel boosts pouring out of it,just dont seem a bolt would go in fo fear smacking the wheel kindve thing?
dont supose anyones got pics of a turbo so i can try trace where the leek is without having to strip turbo off

Last edited:
the bolt thats missing is one the little allen key headed ones,put new exhaust on today but it seems to long or ive fitted sommmat the wrong way up/round lol,went to nissan for two exaust clamps one that bolts onto transfer case and goes round front pipe the other right at back,kindve rubber ring thingy they wanted £110.70 with vat! update went on ebay got both brackets for £15.02 delivered nissan you robbin b'stards!!!

Last edited:
Hey Jace. I bet if you walked into the dealer and tried to rob them.

You would go to gaol. Bit unfair, they can rob you over the counter.

to true mate,everyones entitled to a profit but if some one can make/sell/deliver both for £15 and still make a profit,nissan realy are taking the pi**!

found problem with rear lights two wires in the loom from under drivers seat have totally burnt out no shielding left whatso ever left! hopefully get one of ebay or im grafting wires in.
starangly forward of the big white plug is fine!

It had to have been damaged, or tapped in to by someone hooking up a reversing camera, UHF radio or something like that. I can't imagine a factory loom doing that without some sort of outside influence.

it may of been from when i drowned the aftermarket alarm,the front headlights burnt out and an auto elecy had to graft in new wires to get them working,its weird though the front side of the multi plugs perfect not been touched,why didnt the fuse blow bloody trucks a fighter lol

Latest posts

Back