D22 any problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my-ute

Reaction score
hey everyone i am on the market for a nissan navara and i was wondering what should i look for and also have you had any problems with them? i am looking at a 2006 nissan navara duel cab 3ltr TD 4X4 with 140000ks on the clock

thanks everyone.

Not a real lot to go wrong, make sure its been maintained.

Turbo's will let go if not given time to spool down and cool down.

See how much movement there is in the compressor bearings.

If factory shocks still, expect to change them as there rubbish.

Welcome to the forum.
I personally think that model is one of the best, was one of the last to be made in Japan.
I owned that exact ute and mine travelled over 350,000km with out an issue, loved it! reliable, and very capable 4x4. In fact it still had original brakes, clutch, turbo the lot.
Some have had turbos let go, probably from neglect or misuse, like poor service history or not letting them idle down after giving the motor a hard time.

Mate i would have a good look over it, check the log book and see how often it was serviced.
other then checking all the obvious things like how the clutch is, does the gear box have any weird noises, put it in 4x4 and check the transfer case, pop the radiator cap off and check that it isnt bubbling or the over flow bottle isnt full of oil sludge, ect
If you were worried, You could the intake hose off the front of the turbo and check that the impeller has no play.

Other then that If that all looks and sounds good go for it, as i said they are a pretty tough ute.

Good luck with it.
Nathan

Last edited:
iv had 2 of the 2.5L ones and never any troubles, I prefer the 2.5 over the 3.0 but most people are the other way around, I picked up an immaculate 08 2.5L (jap) that had 26000km with alloy bar, rhino liner and towbar for $26500, there were 3.0L ones selling for around that with 4x the km and that had been pretty neglected, food for thought

Back