D22 clicking noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22 pal

Reaction score
I recently observed that whenever I turn my steering while driving at very slow speeds I get a clicking noise coming from the front of the vehicle. What could cause this?

Mine does this also... would love to hear if anyone knows what the problem is. But I have a bad feeling it's the CV's, but might be way off.

if you've got 265/7t5r16 or bigger it will most probable be hitting against the mudflap it does it on mine. lost my mudflap on a 4wding trip and the noise is gone.

It could be:

* tyres scrubbing the guards/mudflaps - usually because you put larger tyres on
* CV joint damaged
* diff issue - wrong oil, some internal damage
* Something stuck in the tyre (probably on the inside) that can make contact only on full lock
* wheel bearing (not very likely). Jack the wheel up and give it a good wiggle, it shouldn't move.
* tie rod end issue
* bump stop not lubricated

By clicking are we talking a small clicking sound or more a loud knocking sound? Also, auto-hubs are not on d22's, as i myself learned on here recently. If it doesn't have free-wheelers then the hubs are not auto, they are just locked all the time. I am not a fan of this but have been unable to discover anywhere with free-wheelers that will fit.

Mitch

Latest posts

Back