d22 headlights upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabby

Reaction score
hey guys
looking for some advice on the best globes for an upgrade?

thanx crabby

I am running the best Phillips bluey globes, cant remember the model.

There pretty good, might convert the headlights to HID soon though.

Dave.

I also have have the phillips Diamond vision globes (Crystal White/Bluey Look) massive improvement on the standard globes. Have replaced all my other lights/globes parkers etc with LED ones also.

would you guys be able to tell me what type of globe it is? i jst went to repco/ super cheap auto and was tempted by their specials. they had somethin like "H3" or somethin so i didnt bother buyin lol.

any help would be great!

There H4.

Invest in a HID set up.

JET6 on Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum sells some good HID kits.

A mate is running them in his GU cab chassis and the quality of light is awesome.

Might even sell my Philips HID kit to my brother and get a set from JET6.

Dave.

Just messaged my mate who has the kit.

Ill post up the model and brand and price when he messages me back.

Dave.

I PM'd Jet-6 to get on here.

My mate messaged me back and said to paid $270 delivered, HID low beam and high beam.

The kit has 4 ballasts.

Pretty good kit.

Dave.

Someone (in the trade of these things I think ) mentioned in another post that unless the reflector and the headlight assembly itself was designed for HID it scatters the light and makes a mess of it for other drivers - looks great from the drivers seat apparently.
Having just been followed home by a shitheap comondore with HID fitted to the stock headlights I concour. Fitted to a VR poxbox and having him directly behind me on unlit streets it was as if they were on high beam - I wanted to stop and "Discuss" the fully sick modifications with this misguided youf but that would probably lend more to the argument that I am indeed become a cranky old sod.
Dave have you had any complaints from your HID's ? ie oncoming drivers flashing you as if asking you to dip your lights? or any feedback from others that have been followed by you?

No never been flashed and no one has ever abused me over the HID's.

My brother is a panel beater and adjusted them correctly for me.

My Narva Ultima 225's have been converted to HID aswell and the light output is awesome.

Dave.

4 ballasts? im looking on ebay atm and most only hav 2 ballasts but if the one your riend is selling is made for a Navara, tried and proven then il prolly get one of those :)

ah can these HIDs be focused? u dnt hav a prpblem with blinding ppl on the road or cop? o and wat colours are there?

Back