D22 interior light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent009

Reaction score
Hi all,

My d22 currently doesn't have an interior light. There's a casing in the roof which looks like the below picture.

It only has the back part in my roof (bottom right of picture).

I want to replace this with led lighting. Ive seen a heap on eBay which say plug and play but I'm a bit confused how this works. T10 adapter, festoon adapter, ba9s adapter etc...it's all confusing me haha.

So how do I install led interior light and how do I know I'm buying the right item? Also, do I have to remove the existing casing in my roof? And once led in installed how do you turn it on and off? Sorry if these are simple questions but that's what these forums are for right? :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I replaced mine when the globe holder broke by soldering in an led panel, yours appears to still be intact so you should be able to use a festoon adaptor that they readily come with once fitted and tested you could use the double sided tape on the back to hold it in, the covers do a good job of dispersing the light so I would also replace that aswell.

Just remember that less are polarity sensitive so they only work connected one way you should find they operate like normal when installed correctly like the door switch on and off position switches all work.

Thanks gents, so does the festoon bulb sit vertically on the right hand side of my second picture (above that black dot)? And most pictures I've seen dont have the cover over the led panel...so what's the consensus...put the cover on top of led panel or not?

Thanks again

Sorry for the late reply, yes the bulb sit across the black part in between the contacts. I tried mine with the cover on and off and found the light was much better diffused with the cover on however it was still a good amount of light without it on.

Latest posts

Back