D22 Snorkel Difference 06 model / 08 model

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a answer back from TJM today about the one part of the snorkel to convert the old from the new model.

No luck, airtec wont sell the one part of the snorkel only, thats what TJM say anyway.

Im thinking that maybe Airtec are just the importers and they are made overseas like everything now days.

When i get time i might check out some of the wreckers and see if there are any smashed new models with a good joining tubes.

Dont like my chances on that one though.

Cheers

Had my precleaner out last week (water ingestion). I found the car would not run very well with the precleaner removed, perhaps this is because of the airflow sensor getting more air being so close to the end of the intake pipe causing it to upset the air fuel ratio? With a snorkel fitted this maybe not be a prob but another thing to consider.

Had my precleaner out last week (water ingestion). I found the car would not run very well with the precleaner removed, perhaps this is because of the airflow sensor getting more air being so close to the end of the intake pipe causing it to upset the air fuel ratio? With a snorkel fitted this maybe not be a prob but another thing to consider.

just at idle or at speed?
possible due to pulses of air going though rather than it being smooth by the intake system.
at speed it would most likely be due to sucking in hot under bonnet air.

hang on a sec what model do you have?

the zd30 has the pre cleaner but it doesn't have an air flow sensor.
my guess would be you bumped something or it just sounded like it was running bad.

hey guys has anyone thought about or attempted to make the pipe themselves from the snorkel to the main air filter, so as to remove the pre cleaner?

I have an 02 model and the compressor sits at the rear of the engine bay, so i had to remove my pre-cleaner so I could fit a second battery in its place. That left me with the pipe from the filter housing to the pre cleaner also in the way. I also thought of the 2.5 model pipe for the modification but just could not find one, so I just got the old trusty hacksaw out and cut the pipe off about 3 inches before the sensor, had no issues so far.

If anybody can source a supply of 2.5 model connection pipes, Im sure there will be a line up.
STC

I priced the 2.5ltr connection pipe at $240 from Newcastle Kloster Nissan this morning, pretty steep for less than a foot of plastic.
Their computer diagrams still show the old 3.0ltr image of the pipe for the 2.5ltr however the part numbers are different between the two motors, i guess they haven't updated their diagrams.

So have we worked out whether or not the new YD25 snorkel will fit the ZD30??? I'm gunna give it a go I think...... Even if I have to "modify" it a bit!!

Wanted, who has a YD25 powered D22 with one battery. If so can you post up a pic of your air intake.

I rang TJM today and was talking to a salesman, anyway he couldnt help so I rang the TJM head office as the guy at the store gave me his number.

Now after talking I need some photo's to get my point across and they may help us out if we get the numbers.

Dave.

This what you are after Dave?

IMG_1786Large.jpg

IMG_1787Large.jpg

IMG_1788Large.jpg

IMG_1789Large.jpg

Jase your a legend.

In that case its time to order that YD25 intake part from Gary.

The rest of the snorkel looks identical, drill a hole for the air tem sensor and we are laughing.

Anyone wanna by a battery tray to go up the back of the engine bay ?

Dave.

Order placed, will post up the details when I do the mod.

Oh and Jase whats that tray worth and how big a battery can you fit in there. It might be cheaper to order a factory tray and be more tidy.

Dave.

That one is a Piranha tray, biggest battery they recommend is an Exide ED5 (Deep Cycle), I think it's 75 AH from memory.

Can't remember exact cost mate, sorry.

IMG_1969Large.jpg

Its all good, I was thinking about ordering a YD25 second battery mount, the factory one and getting my brother to weld it in.

Who has 2 factory battery's in a D22 ?

Can I have a pick of the mount and measurements ?

Dave.

Hey all,

Just so you know the the TJM snorkles are made locally up here in QLD by a mob at Burpengary, They do all sorts of plastic moldings, including flares and the like. they also used to do canopies but the guy sold that part of the business off as he wasn't making as much money from it. They make a few 'brands' of snorkles, same molds just different badges.

A mate of a mate knows the guy who runs it, so i don't know the name of the place or much about it other than what i have mentioned.

Hey all,

Just so you know the the TJM snorkles are made locally up here in QLD by a mob at Burpengary, They do all sorts of plastic moldings, including flares and the like. they also used to do canopies but the guy sold that part of the business off as he wasn't making as much money from it. They make a few 'brands' of snorkles, same molds just different badges.

A mate of a mate knows the guy who runs it, so i don't know the name of the place or much about it other than what i have mentioned.

MORE INFO????? Maybe we could get a bulk buy deal going. Or even get 'em rebadged: "Navara.asia"...... haha

I'm sorry i dont know anymore info, like i said friend of a friend knew the guy. Perhaps google search for manufactures in the south east QLD region.

Would love to be more help

Latest posts

Back