D22 Zd30 misfiring?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick-palmer1

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I was driving home this arvo and at around 100ks i noticed my nav started misfiring, seemed to only happen under deceleration in 4th and 5th gear, slowed down to 80 and took it easy for a while and the problem disappeared,
just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue or has some ideas on what i can start checking?

Cheers.

G'day,

Start by Checking the following:

For air in the fuel lines somewhere
Blocked fuel filter
Neutral position switch (search on this forum for neutral position switch test)

Fuel filter was only changed about 3000ks ago, i've read up about the neutral position switch and i'll check that out tomorrow along with the fuel lines, hopefully it is something simple only had it for about 6 months!
cheers

what filter did you use,ive heard that some filters have a bad seal design and can let air in,so if you only just changed it it might not have sealed properly

Righto checked it all out, neutral switch is ok, did have air in the filter though, bled the filter and took it for a drive it missed once on the highway and seemed fine after that. Don't think the filter is letting the air in, anyone know of any common spots for the fuel system to suck air?
Cheers guys!

bottom o ring or the primer are fairly common.
put clear fuel line on and trace the leak. put clear line on the outlet, there is a chance its the spill line.

G'day!
Finally got a chance to check it all out today with some clear fuel line, air bubbles are coming from the inlet pipe, and the spill line was full of air, bled it all out but air is getting in from the spill line somewhere, do they crack or could it just be a dodgy fitting somewhere?
Cheers!

G'day!
Finally got a chance to check it all out today with some clear fuel line, air bubbles are coming from the inlet pipe, and the spill line was full of air, bled it all out but air is getting in from the spill line somewhere, do they crack or could it just be a dodgy fitting somewhere?
Cheers!

they often leak around the connection to the injector. very important to be done. if you prime the fuel filter a lot it will leak fuel into the oil. have know a few forum guys to blow an engine due to this.

bugger! that doesnt sound good! do you know if they are copper washers or o-rings? i will pull the rocker cover off tomorrow and have a look at replacing them, i've downloaded the manual off here but cant find a detailed diagram of it,
Thanks for all your help!

Shes all good now! replaced the little hose on the spill pipe, has been going fine ever since thanks for all your help!

Latest posts

Back