D40 2008

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feralbass

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me.
My turbo diesel 6 speed has always had the odd limp mode drama, generally after someone stalls it.
Just recently it is becoming more an issue, or maybe not, I hope someone can tell me.
When is 1st gear and doing a lower rev change up, it goes very flat and limps along till the turbo cuts in. I know that sound dumb, but you know the change, 1st gear off the lights in traffic.
Once the turbo is singing no problem. My concern is I tow my 5.6 mtr boat and worried it will become a problem when I least need it.
Car history
200K kms on the clock, recently changed; new fuel filter (genuine), bottle of fuel cleaner (genuine) new air filter, oil, gearbox, diff, transfer case oils all changed and new filter. Today I replaced the battery and hoped doing a battery disconnect would help, but, no.
The motor and car is in perfect condition and kept super clean.
Looking forward to your ideas and opinions, cheers, John.

First thing I'd do is inspect the vacuum hoses on the turbocharger's actuator. If you can turn them around on the connectors, they're loose and need replacing.

Other than that, there's cleaning the MAFS, and examining the turbo hoses for ballooning - look for super-soft areas of the hose between the turbo baffle and the intercooler, and check the hose at the base of the intercooler on the right hand side that connects to the intake manifold.

There MIGHT be a problem with the EGR valve allowing too much exhaust gas in, if you haven't blocked that off yet it'd be a worthwhile exercise. A crack in the EGR tube (inspect the gold tube that heads around the front of the motor looking for expelled soot) will cause a boost loss that will impact performance as well.

Latest posts

Back