D40 Cruise control fuse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamkiwi

Reaction score
I all. My aftermarket cruise control wont work. Does anyone know where the fuse is for the factory cruise control?
Thanks

I thought the factory cruise control was managed by the ECU, the manual certainly seems to indicate this. The ECU is controlled by a relay in the engine compartment, but if that was shot you'd know about it already!

Bugger I was hoping it was just a fuse. Thanks Tony.
I might check the connections behind the steering wheel air bag. Maybe a job for an auto sparky

Wow. I just popped the steering wheel cover off and they have tapped into the horn wire. Funnily enough the horn isnt working either!!
So next question, where is the horn fuse or relay lol.

I just had a quick look and I believe it's the red on pictured below.

horn-relay.gif

horn-relay2.gif

Thanks a lot guys. The fuse was fine and I have no idea how to check the relay. When I bridged two of the relay contacts the horn went off so Im hoping its a faulty relay. Just wish there was another one the same to swap over and try.
Appreciate the help guys

Your problem could be whats called the clock spring. My cruise control stopped working along with the horn. Had the clock spring replaced and the problem was solved until the same thing happened for the second time.

Someone else mentioned that spring ages ago for the exact problem so you could be right. Was also claimed Nissan wanted $390 for it. The manual refers to it as a spiral cable.

I'd be considering Nizzbits or Vicwide4x4 on ebay at those prices if you need one.

Thanks Krafty. Will have a ring around tomorrow to price one up. Not really sure wether to go second hand or not. Also not overly keen to throw any money at it at all :)

It might be worth ringing Nissan and asking for a price, the price I found on this site was from about 2 years ago I think and prices between dealerships often vary dramatically. Chances are they will still be over priced but it might be worth it as a start, then PM nizzbits.

Latest posts

Back