d40 injectors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phat d40

Reaction score
how hard is it to change injectors motor has a bit of diesel knock and smokey on take off thanks

Changing the injectors is not TOO difficult, you do need to be very careful with the connectors to make sure they go on properly. Nissan will NOT replace just the injectors, they replace the rail as well, because of the pressures involved and the risk of leaks.

Before changing injectors, it might be worth considering something like Liqui-Moly Diesel Purge first - it might fix it for a relatively minor cost.

Changing the injectors is not TOO difficult, you do need to be very careful with the connectors to make sure they go on properly. Nissan will NOT replace just the injectors, they replace the rail as well, because of the pressures involved and the risk of leaks. Before changing injectors, it might be worth considering something like Liqui-Moly Diesel Purge first - it might fix it for a relatively minor cost.

Mate,
I was going to suggest what old Tony
said to try first two.
Would be a cheaper option, and doesn't look that hard to setup.

Cheers Geoff

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

Changing the injectors is not TOO difficult, you do need to be very careful with the connectors to make sure they go on properly. Nissan will NOT replace just the injectors, they replace the rail as well, because of the pressures involved and the risk of leaks.

Before changing injectors, it might be worth considering something like Liqui-Moly Diesel Purge first - it might fix it for a relatively minor cost.

Nissan will replace the injectors separately from the rail, Its the high pressure pipes that are replaced as part of the repair. if you replace them yourself you need to replace the spill pipe gaskets at the very, very least. And then have the injectors coded by someone with a suitable scan tool.

A bit drastic to remove the injectors because of a wee bit of diesel knock.

It's quite a common thing with these engines, generally doing an ECU reset is enough to quieten things up. Have a go, it costs nothing to try.

If you do go down the path if replacing injectors I would buy them through "BAILEYS DEISEL GROUP" they recondition the standard ones but offer twice as much warranty at less then half the price and they group the coding closer then from factory so if you want you can actually code the ecu to think otherwise which is basically like re-flashing the ecu to give you better performance.
For more info google them and watch a few of their videos, they explain it allot better then I can

I am looking at new injectors as well. I noticed baileys injectors as well. They seem look a good product at good price. Can any one that has fitted them in a d40 confirm this.
Cheers.

I am looking at new injectors as well. I noticed baileys injectors as well. They seem look a good product at good price. Can any one that has fitted them in a d40 confirm this.
Cheers.

Ive heard only great reports about that company, and you have nothing to loose with the warranty they offer, they will even buy your old ones back off you.

Latest posts

Back