d40 jerks on pull away and cornering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streaky

Reaction score
hi my 2007 navara d40 jerk/misses on pull away and when going around a bend in a higer gear. ive changed fuel filter but makes no diffance please help?

Have you done an fuel pump reset? Need a little more explanation on what you mean by jerk/misses on pull away.

Welcome to the forum, streaky.

It could be a number of things. Fuel reset not done, or air getting in the fuel lines - the seal in the filter needs to be perfect, and aftermarket filters usually don't work well in our cars.

It might also be something blocking the pickup in the fuel tank, a sticking EGR valve (just block it off, that'll fix it), perished turbocharger actuator vacuum hoses - have a look to see how much smoke and what colour you get when this happens - that's important.

thanks boys it was chucking out black smoke but not so bad after I changed fuel filter.also grain and cleaned tank out today which the fuel was quite crap.aslo going to blank egr off tomorrow. it only goes it now and then when I pull away or its under load ie pulling trailer but runs fine in top gear.

There's a procedure somewhere for resetting the fuel pump, but the easy way (if you have your radio PIN handy) is to pull the battery negative lead off, press the brake pedal and reconnect the battery.

Latest posts

Back