D40 rear shock extentsions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big zetor

Reaction score
Made these bolt on shock extentsions yesterday to suit my 4 inch lifted rear end, now should have some down travel again.

Attachments

• IMG-20130924-00163.jpg
    IMG-20130924-00163.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG-20130924-00165.jpg
    IMG-20130924-00165.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
What happens if the lower bolt, the original mount, comes loose? Anything stopping your mount from flopping forward etc??

How do you prevent the piston from being slammed up through the top of the shock under full compression?

well the bolt wont come loose it never did before and the actual mount has tabs top and bottem, so it just slide's in on the inside of the mount and you bolt it up to prevent it coming out, as for up travel it simply doesn't get there it still moves the same as it did before but now it has it's orginal down travel with the same springs. The only time this wouldn't work would be if you made your springs softer to gain more flex or used drop shackels then you would need much longer shocks.

Where in Tassie are you Zetor? Be interested in checking out your UCA's sometime if it wasn't a hassle for you.

my ute will be in the Cadbury car park for 12 hours 2morrow and friday between 6am to 630pm, will park up the back if you want to check them arms out. cheers

I think our brains must have come from the same factory....I made the same part.got stuck when I lifted mine.it was sat arvo..4x4 shop had no long ranchos...and I'm not one for waiting.was ment to be a temp job but works a treat

Nice work yet again BZ.
I noticed one of the guys on the frontier forum cut the actual mounts off the diff housing and relocated them further around, which also had an extra benefit of getting them a little more out of the way and less prone to damage

yeah nath i cut and rotated the ones on my last D40 it was a bit of a pain because you pretty much have to roll the diff out to do it, So i had a spare diff on the floor to easly set these mounts up on,

Thanks Zete. Will try to swing by on the bike this arvo after work and check them out. Not that my nav is hardcore, but I would like to do something about the UCA's with a view to gaining another inch or so up front (along with spacers most likely). They drag the nose through everything on the tracks down here :)

Latest posts

Back